Just a thought...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Just a thought...

Postby ACDon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:50 pm

With the inevitable return of Dean Lewington, I just wonder if Winkie has considered approaching his Dad Ray with a view to either a coaching or Managers job. :idea:

On a temporary basis (maybe), there is a good chance he would help get us out of trouble this season.
ACDon
 
Posts: 6254
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: Just a thought...

Postby MKDF » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:53 pm

I wonder how dad would feel about a club that messed around his lad.

Nice thinking though
MKDF
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:24 pm

Re: Just a thought...

Postby ACDon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:26 am

MKDF wrote:I wonder how dad would feel about a club that messed around his lad.

Nice thinking though


Pretty sure the situation was down to the manager and Winkie backed him as any good chairman would. I doubt if Ray would have any problem with the club. Surely the truth about Lewie will come out soon now Neilson has gone.
ACDon
 
Posts: 6254
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: Just a thought...

Postby dons50 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:33 am

ACDon wrote:With the inevitable return of Dean Lewington, I just wonder if Winkie has considered approaching his Dad Ray with a view to either a coaching or Managers job. :idea:

On a temporary basis (maybe), there is a good chance he would help get us out of trouble this season.


Out of our price range.
dons50
 
Posts: 2274
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:08 am

Re: Just a thought...

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:48 am

At least if he had any problem with Dean's behaviour he could tell him to go to bed.
User avatar
Furzdonny
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: Just a thought...

Postby ACDon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:39 am

dons50 wrote:
ACDon wrote:With the inevitable return of Dean Lewington, I just wonder if Winkie has considered approaching his Dad Ray with a view to either a coaching or Managers job. :idea:

On a temporary basis (maybe), there is a good chance he would help get us out of trouble this season.


Out of our price range.


Yeah, almost certainly, but I was thinking more on a temporary basis, though the fact he is assistant manager at Palace is a big stumbling block. So forget it. :)
ACDon
 
Posts: 6254
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: Just a thought...

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:26 pm

ACDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
ACDon wrote:With the inevitable return of Dean Lewington, I just wonder if Winkie has considered approaching his Dad Ray with a view to either a coaching or Managers job. :idea:

On a temporary basis (maybe), there is a good chance he would help get us out of trouble this season.


Out of our price range.


Yeah, almost certainly, but I was thinking more on a temporary basis, though the fact he is assistant manager at Palace is a big stumbling block. So forget it. :)


I spoke to Ray Lewington some months back and told him I was impressed with a recent performance by Dean at Centre Back. He replied that he always thought Dean would eventually move into that position. We could possibly start a family feud if they both were here and father told son he was no longer our LB. ;)
LinsladeDon
 
Posts: 3176
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:47 am

Re: Just a thought...

Postby ACDon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:19 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:
ACDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
On a temporary basis (maybe), there is a good chance he would help get us out of trouble this season.


Out of our price range.


Yeah, almost certainly, but I was thinking more on a temporary basis, though the fact he is assistant manager at Palace is a big stumbling block. So forget it. :)


I spoke to Ray Lewington some months back and told him I was impressed with a recent performance by Dean at Centre Back. He replied that he always thought Dean would eventually move into that position. We could possibly start a family feud if they both were here and father told son he was no longer our LB. ;)[/quote]

I think you'll find there is a bit more to the Lewie fall out than just the fact he (allegedly) refused to play at left back ;) . Besides, judging on the majority of our performances under Neilson Lewie could have played in any position and still been one of our better players.
ACDon
 
Posts: 6254
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:47 pm


Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 45 guests

cron