Micciche and Mitchell.

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Micciche and Mitchell.

Postby MKDF » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:37 pm

Both at Brackley smiling with Pete. Done deal we think.
Last edited by MKDF on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MKDF

Re: Miccichie and Mitchell.

Postby LinsladeDon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:05 pm

This is another Brexit in our house, I am all for it and Mrs LD is totally against it :D / :(
This would be another typical PW appointment, out of the blue and unexpected. Inexperienced as managers but they know football, one can spot a good player and the other specializes in on-field matters - and both know MKD.
LinsladeDon

Re: Micciche and Mitchell.

Postby MKDF » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:31 pm

Risky. But I like it.
MKDF

Postby MKDF » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:04 pm

Millen now being touted as the no.2. Not a great record as a manager.
MKDF

Postby dons50 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:07 pm

I’m very happy if this happens.
dons50

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:35 pm

I have some doubts but I don't know them or of them, so I will give them a chance and wish them all the best.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:44 pm

I'm not sure if the time is right for such an appointment, personally I would be looking for an experienced manager with a track record in the lower leagues, of course easier said than done. There is still a fair bit of football to be played but we are sinking fast and the rot needs to stop sooner rather than later, so the pressure on a person managing for the first time could be too much.

One name that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is Gareth Ainsworth the current Wycombe Wanderers manager, he's been doing a wonderful job there for several years on a shoe string budget, surely well within our budget and surely he would relish the opportunity to Manage a bigger club with a set up like we have here at MK. :idea:
ACDon

Postby Furzdonny » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:28 am

I guess it all depends on whether the senior players buy into it. I assume Dean Lewington and Ed Upson will be in favour, not sure about Alex Gilby and George Williams (although they are professionals and will give their all). I also hope they don't play slow, passive football.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:37 am

Lewie is reinstalled as captain, with considerable enthusiasm from Pete. A lot will depend on how the rest of the players respond.

Let's hope any factions are quickly healed.
MKDF

Postby newportdon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:00 am

Good move . Lewie has passion for the club . The Dons are a special case and It needs somebody who understands the situation . Animisity and biased refereeing and also as Rubio says the DNA . Will strtengthen the links between the academy and the First team as well. The team either have to shore up the defence which has proved impossible so far or go on the attack and score more than we let in . Robbie did neither and was caught in the middle . This is not a bad team despite some moaning form supporters but just needs some direction and confidence . Man management is part of coaching after all .
newportdon

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat