Winkie's speech.....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Winkie's speech.....

Postby ACDon » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:38 pm

ACDon

Re: Winkie's speech.....

Postby Furzdonny » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:42 pm

PW certainly looks and sounds completely rejuvenated, much more the 'old' PW who always sounded so upbeat about this club's future. And, if truth be known, it sounds as though that applies to all of us - certainly most.
I am pleased with the action PW has taken, not only with his new appointment but in getting his timing exactly right. He gave Neilson every chance and there can be no come-back from Robbie complaining that he wasn't given time.
That same timing though means Dan Mac and co. now have quite a job that needs some urgent attention. To his credit, Neilson has left us with players capable of upping their game and I am comfortable that the new guidance they will receive will soon see us in a safe mid(ish) table position. :D
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:51 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:PW certainly looks and sounds completely rejuvenated, much more the 'old' PW who always sounded so upbeat about this club's future. And, if truth be known, it sounds as though that applies to all of us - certainly most.
I am pleased with the action PW has taken, not only with his new appointment but in getting his timing exactly right. He gave Neilson every chance and there can be no come-back from Robbie complaining that he wasn't given time.
That same timing though means Dan Mac and co. now have quite a job that needs some urgent attention. To his credit, Neilson has left us with players capable of upping their game and I am comfortable that the new guidance they will receive will soon see us in a safe mid(ish) table position. :D

All things considered it was a difficult decision for Winkie to make but I honestly believe (regardless of our plight come the end of the season) that it was the right one. The football our team was producing (win, lose or draw) was dire to watch and simply nothing like we had become accustomed to. Maybe the style would have been forgiven if we were winning games and in with a chance of a play-off place, but that simply wasn't happening or looking likely to happen. Agree we have players capable of raising their game but I'm not convinced this current squad of players are capable of much more than a mid table finish in league 1. As for the remainder of this season, I will be happy if we stay up. :)
ACDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat