Seager has gone to Yeovil

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Seager has gone to Yeovil

Postby MKDF » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:09 pm

A surprisingly low position.

We are currently pretty light up front. Hopefully we'll get someone better in.
MKDF

Re: Seager has gone to Yeovil

Postby LinsladeDon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:37 pm

Hardly surprising Southampton recalled him. Seager wasn't getting much playing time under Neilson when the decision was probably made and our new leader will probably want to focus his attention on our own players rather than loanees.
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:06 am

The remarkable thing is how far down the pyramid he's gone.

Speaks volumes.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:30 am

MKDF wrote:A surprisingly low position.

We have Sow, Agard, Noumbe, Muirhead and if needed Chuks. Since we normally only play one up front, I think we can cope or at least I hope we do so.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:36 am

Furzdonny wrote:
MKDF wrote:A surprisingly low position.

We have Sow, Agard, Noumbe, Muirhead and if needed Chuks. Since we normally only play one up front, I think we can cope or at least I hope we do so.

Can't see Chuks playing as striker (though we can't rule out DM seeing some advantage in that occasionally) and no-one is firing in that position. We're lacking the fox-type and if the window closes we're stuck. Seems a risk to me, particularly as DM has had no time to experiment.

I guess it didn't take long for DM to suss out Seager.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:12 am

I've got to say this news comes as a bit of a surprise to me. I thought Seager looked sharp at the beginning of the season, a bit of a "fox in the box"," poacher" type player who made clever runs but wanted the ball played to his feet as opposed to the aerial assaults Neilson seemed to encourage. Surprised he has gone to a below average league 2 club, but pretty sure given the right service he will score goals and get his career back on track.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:52 am

Due to his lack of pace, he needed a consistently better quality ball than we could give him (and he will get in L2 I suspect).

If DM thought that he had enough I’m sure he would have fought hard to keep him. Perhaps he did fight but clearly not enough.
MKDF

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat