Reality check

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Reality check

Postby MKDF » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:46 pm

The large quality gaps in that performance show how much improvement is needed.

Granted Coventry parked the bus, but too many players were happy to showboat instead of playing sensible football, shoot from rediculous positions to feign effort rather than work the opportunities properly, and frankly many were too half hearted while the Coventry players showed what application and organisation can achieve despite being low-key quality themselves.

How many balls into the box fell to the opposition?

We aren’t going to achieve much with players like Agard and Sow in the side. Upson is not consistent enough, Oose is error
prone, Gilbey is not the real deal and as for EEL...

Take off Lewington and everything falls apart.

Too many pretenders.
MKDF

Re: Reality check

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:27 pm

I just don't understand the idea of putting Cisse left back. It clearly wasn't going to work. I hope we aren't going to see many square pegs in round holes and I'm a bit concerned Pawlett wasn't on the bench. Is he injured or on his way out? I thought Gilbey had a good game though.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:38 pm

I'm not going to be popular - but it wasn't all Neilson was it...
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:47 pm

MKDF wrote:I'm not going to be popular - but it wasn't all Neilson was it...

It never is, but since they were his mainly defenders he can't have any complaints. I did see a difference in the 1st half, but Dan has got to realise you can't take liberties and need to pick players who are comfortable in that position and who can make a difference. As well as the goal Cisse couldn't offer anything going forward, it was even worse than Neilson putting Pawlett on as right back.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:50 pm

At least Cisse made some superb cross field passes.

Lewie brought some much needed composure, we improved our possession stats and we had 20 minutes when we played some quite quick football. Otherwise, nothing has changed.

Coventry were there for the taking.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:59 pm

MKDF wrote:At least Cisse made some superb cross field passes.

Lewie brought some much needed composure, we improved our possession stats and we had 20 minutes when we played some quite quick football. Otherwise, nothing has changed.

Coventry were there for the taking.

Cisse made some good passes when he was centre back, none at left back. We weren't comfortable with the counter attack, especially the long ball, either.
Furzdonny

Postby dons50 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:27 pm

I’m very happy. Playing like that, we won’t go down. And it will be good to watch.
dons50

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:29 pm

dons50 wrote:I’m very happy. Playing like that, we won’t go down. And it will be good to watch.

It's far too early to say that for me.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:35 pm

Furzdonny wrote:
dons50 wrote:I’m very happy. Playing like that, we won’t go down. And it will be good to watch.

We've every chance of going down playing like that. The only bit that gives hope was the 20 minutes of fast one-touch football that got us into good positions, and even then the crosses unwaveringly found a defender.

All the remaining aimless possession was just like the late Robbo epoch, when we couldn't buy a win and we dropped like a stone. How quickly people forget.

DM has a big job on his hands.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:45 pm

MKDF wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:

We've every chance of going down playing like that. The only bit that gives hope was the 20 minutes of fast one-touch football that got us into good positions, and even then the crosses unwaveringly found a defender.

All the remaining aimless possession was just like the late Robbo epoch, when we couldn't buy a win and we dropped like a stone. How quickly people forget.

DM has a big job on his hands.

I agree, but does he realise it. The best teams are good at counter attacking and I hope we can too soon. Coventry did it to a limited degree and we struggled against it at times. So I say we were better, but need to be better still to survive and I will continue to re-emphasis a midfielder cum centre back is not a left back and we will be relegated if DM thinks he is.
Furzdonny

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat