On the Dot...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

On the Dot...

Postby ACDon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:48 am

I had a nice chat with the author of these blogs in the Saddlers bar pre-match, think his latest blog is a fairly good read and maybe gives us cause for some optimism...https://onthedot2018.wordpress.com/
ACDon

Re: On the Dot...

Postby MKDF » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:49 am

Gloom merchant here. ;)

I must confess, I thought Walsall pressed very high from the off, and that’s why we struggled to get into the game. We even started to kick long towards the end of the first half.

For me, that is the main risk of playing this kind of football. If the other team is willing to work hard enough, we might struggle without a plan B. Painfully familiar ground.

Having players who are willing to go 1 v 1 more often, and can do it successfully, is one such outlet. Can’t say I’m gaining optimism yet. DM has his work cut out.

The ray of hope for me is Chuks. Hopefully DM will help him overcome his reticence to pass when he’s in the box.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Agree about Aneke, he is a massive loss when he isn't available, he needs to return and have an impact, so much depends on his contribution in games.

The main cause for optimism I was referring to was the average amount of points required to avoid the drop in recent seasons, 18 points from 17 games (assuming that will be enough) sounds doable, but it isn't going to be easy. ;)
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:08 am

Gotcha AC ;)

Win against Oldham and Rochdale and the picture is that much more positive. Lose against Rochdale... :o
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:48 am

MKDF wrote:Gotcha AC ;)

Win against Oldham and Rochdale and the picture is that much more positive. Lose against Rochdale... :o

Yes, lots of implications, but IMO if we get 10 points from the Rochdale. Oldham, Bury, Blackpool and Bristol Rovers games we will be in with a fighting chance. Easier said than done of course.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:01 am

I'll be buying you a beer if we get to that point AC, and I hope I get to do it.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:36 pm

MKDF wrote:I'll be buying you a beer if we get to that point AC, and I hope I get to do it.

You're on......providing I don't have to buy you a beer if we don't get to that point :lol:
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:03 am

ACDon wrote:
MKDF wrote:I'll be buying you a beer if we get to that point AC, and I hope I get to do it.

You're on......providing I don't have to buy you a beer if we don't get to that point :lol:

Wow. That wasn’t on my mind but since you took a position, that’s particularly tight of you AC. You’re only getting a 330ml Stella now. :lol:
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:47 am

MKDF wrote:
ACDon wrote:

Wow. That wasn’t on my mind but since you took a position, that’s particularly tight of you AC. You’re only getting a 330ml Stella now. :lol:

I think we should all crack open a bottle of champagne if we avoid the drop, it's always nice to have an excuse to celebrate something. :)

Bury beating AFC Kingston was a good result for us last night, but looking at Bury's squad, it wont surprise me if they go on a run now, things can change so quickly.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:28 am

Yep, and if the Rochdale fixture gets pushed back again, that should suit us as we continue to rebuild.
MKDF

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat