What is a foul?

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: What is a foul?

Postby MKDF » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:12 am

Furzdonny wrote:
ACDon wrote:Did anyone else notice Winkie running on the pitch at the final whistle and applauding the officials in a very sarcastic manner, not sure if he will be in hot water over that, but I suppose providing he kept his mouth shut there isn't much wrong with his actions.

Yes I did see it. Can the club we fined for that if reported?

Did anyone see the nature of the incident that injured Pawlett?

It looked like our players were being hacked about quite a lot. After the smack in Lewie's face went unpunished, Upson kneed a Portsmouth player who then kicked out. The blind Lino saw none of it of course.

Still, I maintain the subbing lost us that game. Guaranteed playing the last 10 minutes around our 18 yard box.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:21 am

MKDF wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:
ACDon wrote:Did anyone else notice Winkie running on the pitch at the final whistle and applauding the officials in a very sarcastic manner, not sure if he will be in hot water over that, but I suppose providing he kept his mouth shut there isn't much wrong with his actions.

Yes I did see it. Can the club we fined for that if reported?

Did anyone see the nature of the incident that injured Pawlett?

It looked like our players were being hacked about quite a lot. After the smack in Lewie's face went unpunished, Upson kneed a Portsmouth player who then kicked out. The blind Lino saw none of it of course.

Still, I maintain the subbing lost us that game. Guaranteed playing the last 10 minutes around our 18 yard box.

Yes I was surprised the Pawlett incident wasn't punished. It is a worry that we look threadbare in central midfield. I thought McGrandles was bought as central midfield cover, but he seems to be played either on the wing or as a No 10. If EEL came on we should have gone to a back three / five with Upson and McGrandles in front of them, although I would have put on Muirhead instead of EEL.

Another worry is that it seems anyone who plays central defence makes mistakes. George should have kicked it not try to head it, he got away with one in the 1st half but didn't in the 2nd.
Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:01 pm

Furzdonny wrote:Looking at the video again, you have a point.

Dons v Pompey.jpg

What can he do about it? Perhaps change his angle and not provide his back to climb on. I noticed that Cisse was giving his centre half too much space. We need to be less nice facing corners and free kicks.

He could have done what forwards do and dived. :(
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:43 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:He could have done what forwards do and dived. :(

A risky decision for a defender to do and the fact that he has someone on his back hard to do, unless he does down like a sack of spuds, although if he had done that it could have unbalanced their player.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Agreed re Muirhead BTW.
MKDF

Previous

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat