Sheer Bloody Mindedness & Fans' Support

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Sheer Bloody Mindedness & Fans' Support

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:23 pm

After the Oldham defeat what the team need is sheer bloody mindedness and support of the fans, to battle for every point until the end of the season. Even if we do go down to league 2 at least the players can say they gave their all and every point will be a plus for Dan. So I say forget the stress, where we are and what has happened. Let the players play our game without fear, giving the fans something to cheer about and for the fans get behind the team and players 100%+.
Furzdonny

Re: Sheer Bloody Mindedness & Fans' Support

Postby MKDF » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:21 pm

Frankly we need a bit of luck, enhanced by a bit more players' belief.
MKDF

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:47 pm

Sorry its about time the players stood up, time for them to prove us wrong, never been so fed up with the football as I am now, we'll definitely go down, clueless manager, underperforming players =league two!
Warwickshire MK Dons

Postby MKDF » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:07 pm

This club and many of the most vocal fans prefer ideology over pragmatism WD. Come what may.

Not too dissimilar to the Brexit divide actually.

It may work or it may not.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Warwickshire MK Dons wrote:Sorry its about time the players stood up, time for them to prove us wrong, never been so fed up with the football as I am now, we'll definitely go down, clueless manager, underperforming players =league two!

What has happened in the past can sometimes have no bearing on what happens in the future or it would be a poorer world and I know you will give the manager & the players 100% backing. COME ON YOU DONS. :D
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:38 pm

I agree with the OP. No point crying over spilt milk. Yes mistakes have been made and hopefully lessons have been learnt, but we are where we are and we need to move on. I did warn about the damage inflicted by Neilson, the fact it may be too late to rectify this season and it may take some time for our club to return to where it was. But on a more positive note, I did see enough promising signs at the Portsmouth game (regardless of the final scoreline) to realise better times may not be too far away. I honestly believe our new Manager will get our team playing a decent brand of football and given the time (which Winkie will give him) get us back where the club belong.

Disappointing to hear supporters saying they can't be bothered to attend games anymore but of course it is their choice. Been following football for 50 years and I've certainly got no intentions to stop attending games, weekender all booked up months ago for Fleetwood, train tickets booked for Bradford City and Wigan and travel arrangements made for Southend and Shrewsbury Town......................................plus Mr and Mrs LinsladeDon need their parsnips!!

Now (more than ever) is the time to get behind the team........COYD.
ACDon

Postby newportdon » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:00 am

Im not going to give up . we can still get out of tis mess . It is up to the players .All we can do is give them 100pc support.
newportdon

Postby LinsladeDon » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:53 pm

It is difficult and the fat lady may be in the dressing room, but she hasn't started singing yet! Even if she does start before early May it will make no difference whatsoever to our continued support and loyalty - after all, we do enjoy those home grown (by AC Don) parsnips. (Mrs LD says "Amen to that!") :D
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:18 am

It's not over. But we need some luck very soon. :(
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:54 am

MKDF wrote:It's not over. But we need some luck very soon. :(

Agreed, but we have also got several home games which are very winnable; Bristol Rovers, Rotherham United, Blackpool, Bury, Doncaster Rovers. We simply need to get something from this these games if we are going to avoid the drop, which is doablle and we also need to spring the odd surprise (like Blackpool did at Wigan on Tuesday night).
ACDon

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat