The run in....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

The run in....

Postby ACDon » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:47 pm

Only my opinion, but looking at our remaining fixtures, I believe we must win at least 4 games out of the following 6 home games if we are to avoid relegation; Bristol Rovers, Rotherham United, Bury, Blackpool, Doncaster Rovers and Scunthorpe United. Not particularly easy because the majority of the teams listed will also have something to play for, whether it is getting in a play off position or trying to avoid relegation. So many ifs and buts will follow in the coming weeks, I'm hoping Shrewsbury Town might have a play off place sorted but no chance of automatic promotion by the final game of the season and maybe Southend United (21st April) will have nothing to play for when we visit them. Of course there are 3 points up for grabs in every game, so all wins carry the same prize.

To summarise, IMO getting 12 plus points from those 6 home games is going to be key to our chances of survival.

Any thoughts??
ACDon

Re: The run in....

Postby dons50 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:19 am

I seriously doubt that we’ll stay up. I’m happy enough with a rebuilding process with Dan.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:48 am

dons50 wrote:I seriously doubt that we’ll stay up. I’m happy enough with a rebuilding process with Dan.

We've still got over a quarter of our league fixtures to play, it's far too early to throw in the towel, there is plenty of football still to be played. I'm fairly happy with what I've seen so far and have confidence that whatever the outcome regarding league 1 survival, DM will do a good rebuilding job. I did say (many times) the damage done by Neilson will take a long time to put right.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:14 am

The picture will look different if we win our next match, though this Saturday is looking doubtful right now.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:26 am

ACDon wrote:Only my opinion, but looking at our remaining fixtures, I believe we must win at least 4 games out of the following 6 home games if we are to avoid relegation; Bristol Rovers, Rotherham United, Bury, Blackpool, Doncaster Rovers and Scunthorpe United.

We will win them all in March. :D
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:21 am

Furzdonny wrote:
ACDon wrote:Only my opinion, but looking at our remaining fixtures, I believe we must win at least 4 games out of the following 6 home games if we are to avoid relegation; Bristol Rovers, Rotherham United, Bury, Blackpool, Doncaster Rovers and Scunthorpe United.

We will win them all in March. :D

Liking the continuing optimism. :)
MKDF

Postby LinsladeDon » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:13 pm

OK, admittedly they might not have been against particularly strong opposition, but our last two games have been away from home against teams who needed to win just as much as we did and we managed to get a point from both. Get ourselves 3 points at home on Saturday and we are looking at three games unbeaten with 5 points collected in the process. Suddenly things start to look a bit brighter, pressure on the players begins to ease, confidence slowly returns and there is a whole new outlook within the club.
Saturday's game could well be the catalyst we need to save ourselves and we wont get many more chances.
COYD.
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:17 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:OK, admittedly they might not have been against particularly strong opposition, but our last two games have been away from home against teams who needed to win just as much as we did and we managed to get a point from both. Get ourselves 3 points at home on Saturday and we are looking at three games unbeaten with 5 points collected in the process. Suddenly things start to look a bit brighter, pressure on the players begins to ease, confidence slowly returns and there is a whole new outlook within the club.
Saturday's game could well be the catalyst we need to save ourselves and we wont get many more chances.
COYD.

Amen. :D

A masterpiece of a post LD....
ACDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat