Positivity or not?

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Positivity or not?

Postby Effects6 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:17 pm

Something last night really made me think. when Cisse was brought whilst it was 3-1. We started to boo, now I know he hasn't exactly been on top form for us and he must be aware of that by now with the outcries I see week in week out. We have a guy here representing us in the shirt he must be doing something right for that to happen? I know that injuries can also increase the opportunity for him to play right now. But come, on he must have felt great coming on at that point really motivational and really up to keep the game and fight for it. Look, I know he has not been great but surely some confidence right now could only be beneficial for him and us! I know he has had some performances nowhere near that right now but at some time his form will change and sometimes a bit of faith can go along way for players, and the mindset needed to help us in the situation we are in. You guys have said it yourselfs, the players have lost the fight at points but we have to try and help get that back now and we really can be that 12th man. Lets not give up let us show the players that we understand that this season is a bit of a right off. The best we can aim for is to get out of this relegation struggle that we have found ourselves in and right now that is our best option. What about next season it's a whole new possibility and who knows what will happen. If we truly do have the ability to perform how we did 3 season ago, which I understand a lot has changed since then, but I believe we do still have it. If we get on a winning run now and really push and show the players we are supportive of them, maybe they may find that little bit of self belief that could make all the difference to that next much wanted WIN. So let's not boo our players when they come on; by all means if they have had a terrible match at the end but the next game is a new slate. Lets help psych them up let us really get them roaring and fighting for that next game.
Effects6

Re: Positivity or not?

Postby MKDF » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Just going back to basics, that isn't a boo it's a call oooose, as in his first name.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:28 pm

I can honestly say that I have never booed before, during or after a game, I may have moaned in the bar after and on forums, but I simply cannot see any benefits in booing your own players. Must admit I didn't hear any booing aimed at Cisse last night, but I sit in the East stand, well away from stadium MK's most vociferous moaners. Confidence is such an important part of any successful side, recently our players have been totally devoid of confidence and it has shown, but just win a game or two and the confidence will come flowing back, in fact there were signs of that already happening in the second half last night, players were trying shots from difficult positions and playing percentage balls through channels.

Totally agree, lets back the team not boo it!
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:58 pm

Your first post and welcome to the Forum.
I totally agree with you about booing when a player comes on as a sub doesn't do him any good whatsoever. I didn't think there was much when Cisse came on but there was certainly a feeling of resentment against him - and when you consider what awful performances we have had to watch from the team, and Cisse in particular, over the last few months it is understandable that fans react this way.
When teams are not playing well there is usually a fall-guy who gets the brunt of the criticism, it is only a matter of weeks ago that Muirhead was that guy. He went through a bad period having arrived from Scotland, missing his family etc. but persevered, is now playing well, has won the supporters over and has been replaced by Cisse as the fall-guy.
Actually, Cisse annoys me because he should be doing much better than he is at the moment. He has undoubted ability and should be a valuable asset to the team, but is very lackadaisical and cannot, or won't, speed us his ideas and movement. I can imagine him strolling around the lower leagues in French football and putting on a good show but he has not yet made the transition to the faster, and probably more physical English game. Coaching won't improve that, it is entirely up to him to work harder.
As for us getting behind the team, if the players play as they did on Tuesday night and give their all that won't be a problem - the supporters are there, we just want some performances worthy of our support.
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:00 am

MKDF wrote:Just going back to basics, that isn't a boo it's a call oooose, as in his first name.

Yep they were oooose rather than boooos, but I did cringe when he tried one of his flicks. I will support him on the pitch, but he still needs to adapt to League 1. I am also curious how Reo-Coker will do. Either it will a master stroke or another slow out of depth player getting his last pay cheque.
Furzdonny

Postby newportdon » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:44 am

Cisse was the first to congratulate when i think paulett scored
Also I think reo coker was practicing before the Bristol rovers match and he still has a great first touch . he dropped the ball stone dead every time
newportdon

Postby LinsladeDon » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:58 am

Furzdonny wrote: I am also curious how Reo-Coker will do. Either it will a master stroke or another slow out of depth player getting his last pay cheque.

newportdon wrote: I think reo coker was practicing before the Bristol rovers match and he still has a great first touch . he dropped the ball stone dead every time

It is a bit of class and experience we want, Reo-Coker should give us that and will have plenty of young-legs around him to do the running.
There's many a good tune played on an old fiddle. ;)
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:13 am

LinsladeDon wrote:
Furzdonny wrote: I am also curious how Reo-Coker will do. Either it will a master stroke or another slow out of depth player getting his last pay cheque.

newportdon wrote: I think reo coker was practicing before the Bristol rovers match and he still has a great first touch . he dropped the ball stone dead every time

It is a bit of class and experience we want, Reo-Coker should give us that and will have plenty of young-legs around him to do the running.
There's many a good tune played on an old fiddle. ;)

I agree as long as he isn't another Didi Hamann and a long list of glorious big name failures. He will need to respect the energy of League 1 teams.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:12 am

Always going to be a gamble and the club seem to be on top of that. Our inexperience has cost us lots of points this season, so should be a good steadying influence as well as offensive capability.

Just looking ahead to Bury, I'm hoping that DM doesn't feel the need to make too many changes to the starting line up. Finally we've a group of players who have learned what it takes to win these games, especially without the ball. They'll be positively motivated too.

For the first time this season I actually have genuine (perhaps even well founded) hope. And I include our pre season in that remark.

COYD :)
MKDF

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat