Mid-week

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Mid-week

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:24 pm

Very little football now prior to the International week-end, but the League 1 games that are on are all of great interest to us:-

Monday. pld36/pts43 Doncaster v Bradford pld35/pts50

Tuesday. 37/39 Northampton v Shrewsbury 36/74 and 34/34 Rochdale v Fleetwood 36/39

Weds. 37/44 Walsall v Wigan 34/71

MK Dons 37/38

Shrewsbury, Wigan and Bradford are out of our reach and all three could do us a big favour by winning their games. Rochdale v Fleetwood we would hope to be a draw.
Just a couple of games ago we would probably have taken little interest in these fixtures but now they are almost as important to us as is our game with Blackpool on Saturday.
We may have a difficult run-in to the end of the season, but these fixtures show it can be just as difficult for others. There is still a lot to play for and at least we are now back in the mix with a fighting chance of survival - what a difference a couple of wins make! :D
Any thoughts?
LinsladeDon

Re: Mid-week

Postby MKDF » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:41 am

Nicely laid out LD. Stoke the hope why don't you. ;)

We've still a pot of unused luck we've yet to cash in for this season. So who knows... :P
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:52 am

Yea. there's plenty of interest for us in all those named games, I've got a feeling Rochdale might just have enough to avoid the drop, which means we will need two other sides to drop into the bottom four and it's looking very much like any two out of Fleetwood, Oldham, Doncaster and AFC Kingston. Hopefully we will maintain our recent form and make our own luck, but it would be nice to get the odd helping hand along the way. ;)
ACDon

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:13 am

I can't see Doncaster or Walsall going down, so it's teams AFC and lower. I'm hoping the number of games Rochdale play will catch up on them. But I could be wrong.
Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:58 am

Actually, I am trying to stoke the growing hope within myself that we will stay up. :)
It does look likely that Walsall and Donny are safe in 16th and 17th positions respectively, yet two wins by us and two defeats by them and we have caught up with them. What makes it even more interesting is that both those teams have only won one of their last six games! Even we have done better than that. :D
This reflects just how tight things are and there are many twists and turns yet to come. It looks like a nail-biting ending to the season and after our two last games in particular, when we were hanging-on for the last 20 minutes, we should be well used to nail-biting finishes. :D
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:12 pm

As they say take one game at a time, although by the end of Easter we should have a clearer picture what we have to do.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:56 am

Thanks for nothing Bradford.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:45 pm

So far disappointing results except that Northampton drew and as Fleetwood won, Rochdale lost.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:47 am

Furzdonny wrote:So far disappointing results except that Northampton drew and as Fleetwood won, Rochdale lost.

TBH, I don't think the results last night change things too much, though we would have preferred a draw in the Rochdale v Fleetwood game. If we carry on picking up points our destiny will be in our own hands. I still think it's a big ask but at least we are starting to put up a fight.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:52 am

ACDon wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:So far disappointing results except that Northampton drew and as Fleetwood won, Rochdale lost.

TBH, I don't think the results last night change things too much, though we would have preferred a draw in the Rochdale v Fleetwood game. If we carry on picking up points our destiny will be in our own hands. I still think it's a big ask but at least we are starting to put up a fight.

I agree completely. There are many more twists and turns yet. The important thing is to remain in the fight. If we can pick up our form while others are losing theirs our prospects look much better.

I'd really like to see Tav back for the run-in. While this is about playing as a team, I think he could push the odds in our favour.

The important thing is not to give up if we drop points.
MKDF

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat