NRC official

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

NRC official

Postby MKDF » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Subject to international clearance.

I’d like to see him start on Saturday ahead of McGrandles. The experience will be essential, potentially developing an early partnership with Chuks, and he can be subbed if needed.
MKDF

Re: NRC official

Postby Furzdonny » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:00 pm

Assuming that he is now fit for 60+ minutes.
Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:24 pm

Not only experienced but also a leader having captained WHU, Villa and Bolton in the top division - exactly what we need on the pitch, even though he won't be officially appointed captain.
Dan took his time before offering NRC a short contract so one would expect him to be fit and ready to go. I also would start him on Saturday.
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:04 pm

Just a techie point, he has RE-signed with us.

Wondering whether his influence is partly behind the new fight, belief and physicality we are displaying? Not implausible...
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:14 pm

Has he actually played in a competitive game this season? If he is put straight into the starting X1 I'm not sure it sends out a very good message to our other squad players, it's so important for him to get some game time before he starts a league game. I know we have two players out this Saturday but picking him as a starter in a team/squad that has won its last two games is a risky idea IMO.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:26 pm

ACDon wrote:Has he actually played in a competitive game this season? If he is put straight into the starting X1 I'm not sure it sends out a very good message to our other squad players, it's so important for him to get some game time before he starts a league game. I know we have two players out this Saturday but picking him as a starter in a team/squad that has won its last two games is a risky idea IMO.

Yes it is a risk. But balancing that risk against a low confidence McGrandles who is struggling. I'd argue the experienced player may be the lower risk. But you may be right.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:40 pm

MKDF wrote:
ACDon wrote:Has he actually played in a competitive game this season? If he is put straight into the starting X1 I'm not sure it sends out a very good message to our other squad players, it's so important for him to get some game time before he starts a league game. I know we have two players out this Saturday but picking him as a starter in a team/squad that has won its last two games is a risky idea IMO.

Yes it is a risk. But balancing that risk against a low confidence McGrandles who is struggling. I'd argue the experienced player may be the lower risk. But you may be right.

Of course, If we had lost our last two games it would be a lot less of a risk. Not saying if DM does select him it wont pay off, because it may. Despite winning our last two games, neither were convincing wins and there is still plenty of room for improvements. Based on our last two games, I would say an old head coming on for the last 15-20 minutes may be just the tonic we are looking for, because the majority of Dons fans have very short finger nails at the moment.
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:37 am

NRC has, in the last two weeks, played two games behind closed doors for our under age team - don't know how many minutes he played in each game though.
My main reason for starting him is down to the fact that we have lost a couple of players on International duty (sounds good, doesn't it) and have some with injuries. Bringing him on for the last half-hour to calm frayed nerves (both on and off the pitch) sounds good though.
LinsladeDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat