A definite positive....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

A definite positive....

Postby ACDon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:31 am

To come from Dan Micciche's short reign as MK Dons manager...https://www.mkdons.com/news/2018/march/ ... hes-faith/

His use of Thomas-Assante has been spot on in the last couple of games, when he comes off the bench he lifts the whole stadium, never frightened to run at defenders and exciting to watch.

Apparently in contention to start today, If that is the case, I just hope it isn't a case of, too much too soon.

Thoughts?
ACDon

Re: A definite positive....

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:05 am

It's good to see our youngsters progressing. If he could add a bit more awareness to his game he will become a very good player.
Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:10 am

Pacy and industrious, Thomas-Assante is certainly a handful for any defence and is one for the future, but whether to start him and bring on Sow as a sub to get at a tiring defence or the other way round is debatable. I sometimes think we bring on T-A too late and don't get the best from him so it is not an easy decision for Dan to make.
Interesting comments from T-A and it typifies other snippets we hear from other players, they all sound positive and seem to be behind the manager, what he is doing and how he goes about his job etc. It bodes well for the future. :D
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:21 am

Good thread AC.

Another strength of DM is his decisiveness. I haven't always agreed with his decisions but he is prepared to be bold and to sub. So if BTA fluffs his lines, I would expect him to be brought off.

Having said that, BTA's persistent issue for me is his decision making. He must have game time to develop that. Id rather it be with a mid table cushion, but there we go. Worth a throw on balance.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:02 am

LinsladeDon wrote:Pacy and industrious, Thomas-Assante is certainly a handful for any defence and is one for the future, but whether to start him and bring on Sow as a sub to get at a tiring defence or the other way round is debatable. I sometimes think we bring on T-A too late and don't get the best from him so it is not an easy decision for Dan to make.
Interesting comments from T-A and it typifies other snippets we hear from other players, they all sound positive and seem to be behind the manager, what he is doing and how he goes about his job etc. It bodes well for the future. :D

That's one of the points I was trying to make, IMO DM has brought him on at the right time and given him a fair chance, which up to now he has taken.
ACDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat