Blackpool reviews.....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: Blackpool reviews.....

Postby ACDon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:08 pm

MKDF wrote:
dons50 wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote: even his final whistle was ridiculous. I thought all refs knew about the furoré after World Cup game when referee Thomas blew immediately a corner was taken and a second later Brazil had the ball in the net. Whether Lewie's shot would have been saved or not is irrelevant, I think the keeper would probably have saved it, but it is a true reflection of the referee's ineptitude.

I agree the ref was bad but not sure I agree with this point. If the time is up then it’s up.

He played exactly 5:17. That's a meaningless addition if you consider the additional stoppages.

The Referee was poor yesterday, but If he hadn't blown his whistle for full time I'm not even convinced Lewie would have had a shot, pretty sure he would have gone for the passing option or maybe a cross. Besides it was a straight forward shot for a keeper who looked very competent and comfortable with everything we put at him yesterday.
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:08 pm

dons50 wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote: even his final whistle was ridiculous. I thought all refs knew about the furoré after World Cup game when referee Thomas blew immediately a corner was taken and a second later Brazil had the ball in the net. Whether Lewie's shot would have been saved or not is irrelevant, I think the keeper would probably have saved it, but it is a true reflection of the referee's ineptitude.

I agree the ref was bad but not sure I agree with this point. If the time is up then it’s up.

dons50 wrote:Before the last three games we had won 7 games out of 35. I don’t think any of us can be unhappy with then winning two out of three.

You are correct in both comments dons50, but........
The 45 minutes played each half and any added time are minimum but not finite times. The referee has the powers of discretion to allow for all manners of time wasting, injuries, dog on the pitch, crossbar breaking (I haven't seen that for many a year) etc. It is simply common sense to blow for time when the ball is in a neutral area and prevents any arguments.
Winning three on the trot after what we have already endured this season was indeed expecting too much, but considering how badly we need the points and were at home to an average Division 1 team, I do feel a tad disappointed, not because of the manner in which we played or ineptitude or missed chances - simply because we really, really needed those extra 2 points that slipped away from us.
LinsladeDon

Postby dons50 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:16 pm

dons50

Postby MKDF » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:38 pm

Sadly yes. ;)

I don't think anyone feels the reffing made any difference to the result yesterday. The keeper had that shot well covered.

However, there is a consistent pattern against Chuks. That's my opinion anyway; but I am biased (a bit...).
MKDF

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:58 pm

Yes that's the one, Clive 'the book' Thomas. Wish you hadn't reminded me that it was 1978 though, 40 years ago and yet I remember it well. Mind you, I still remember England winning the world cup - despite the fact that as a Scot I try to forget it - and that was another 12 years further back. Hell, I can even remember when Scotland had a decent team.........! :)
LinsladeDon

Previous

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat