Blackpool reviews.....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Blackpool reviews.....

Postby ACDon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:47 am

Was this a point won or two points dropped? Without doubt (and this is confirmed by the match stats) we had the lions share of possession and shots on target, but did we do enough to win the game, I'm not sure. Our best chance probably fell to Ugbo who could only manage a tame side foot shot into the keepers arms from around 8 yards out. I was disappointed to see Aneke sky the ball over the bar from the free kick in the last few minutes of the game, it was too close to try a dipping shot, a low pile driver on target would have been a better choice IMO. I did say I would take 7 points from the 3 home games in succession we have played, so I'm not going to complain. If we do get relegated I doubt if anyone will cite this result as the main reason. This result does however increase the pressure on us to get something out of our away trips to the likes of Gillingham and Southend United. As we've all said before, we need to take one game at a time.

Any thoughts?
ACDon

Re: Blackpool reviews.....

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:54 am

I guess my win every game in March was a tad too ambitious and I also guess it's both 1 point gain and 2 points dropped. Dan seems to have got our defence sorted, although I still worry against a big guy and against the top teams, so no complacency please. Our attack still isn't firing on all cylinders and we are Chuks reliant. We haven't scored in open play in our last two games. I don't know the reason why, but extra work is needed in this area and especially taking chances. I'm going to Gillingham and hope to see a victory, although I feel we will need to score first.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:05 pm

Agree with the above. And you weren't far off FD, especially considering our form when you stuck your neck out. ;)

We still don't have a capable enough midfield so why not play NRC, someone to link defence and Chuks? Far too many long balls, just as many as under RN in my estimation. But hey, I'm not the expert. Oh, and far too little passing and moving again, which is one reason we looked clueless at times.

I was concerned by the line-up but actually they played better than I expected. Especially EEL - he showed lots of composure and read the game well. Liked what I saw. Upson was absent to begin with but then became influential. So several positives there.

I was wondering the logic around playing so many out of form players. To save some for Thursday? Then why play Pawlett and Chuks (unless he's planning to rest them on Thursday :o )? Why not play Ugbo?

For me, two additinal points were very possible. So while the line up played better than expected, two dropped for me.

Will be going to Glorious Gillingham to support.

Ps for the officials. What a shambles. Inept performance.
MKDF

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:38 pm

I said we had to win these last three home games, so it was definitely two points lost and leaves me slightly disappointed. It could even have been worse as Blackpool missed what was probably the games two best chances. Nevertheless, all is not lost, we are playing noticeably better than for some considerable time and it is entirely likely that we will collect some unexpected points in our difficult run-in to the end of the season. Rotherham and Blackpool have shown that many of the teams above us are very average and nothing special that we can't compete with.
Agree the referee was poor, particularly in the second half and even his final whistle was ridiculous. I thought all refs knew about the furoré after World Cup game when referee Thomas blew immediately a corner was taken and a second later Brazil had the ball in the net. Whether Lewie's shot would have been saved or not is irrelevant, I think the keeper would probably have saved it, but it is a true reflection of the referee's ineptitude.
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:02 pm

The reality is that we human beings are so riddled with bias, frankly it is impossible to say any decision is free of bias. So those who say refs are unbiased are kidding themselves.

As for Chuks, if there is an informal briefing going on between refs that Chuks is physical, that would explain the consistently appalling decisions against him. If that is the case, there should be some serious naval gazing at the FA. Absolutely unacceptable.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:09 pm

MKDF wrote:The reality is that we human beings are so riddled with bias, frankly it is impossible to say any decision is free of bias. So those who say refs are unbiased are kidding themselves.

As for Chuks, if there is an informal briefing going on between refs that Chuks is physical, that would explain the consistently appalling decisions against him. If that is the case, there should be some serious naval gazing at the FA. Absolutely unacceptable.

Play acting from the defenders has a lot to do with it and no doubt refs look at previous yellow & red cards to check who to look out for.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Furzdonny wrote:
MKDF wrote:The reality is that we human beings are so riddled with bias, frankly it is impossible to say any decision is free of bias. So those who say refs are unbiased are kidding themselves.

Play acting from the defenders has a lot to do with it and no doubt refs look at previous yellow & red cards to check who to look out for.

Yeah I don't buy that. If refs don't speak to each other routinely, especially from previous matches, I'll each my shorts.
MKDF

Postby dons50 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:09 pm

LinsladeDon wrote: even his final whistle was ridiculous. I thought all refs knew about the furoré after World Cup game when referee Thomas blew immediately a corner was taken and a second later Brazil had the ball in the net. Whether Lewie's shot would have been saved or not is irrelevant, I think the keeper would probably have saved it, but it is a true reflection of the referee's ineptitude.

I agree the ref was bad but not sure I agree with this point. If the time is up then it’s up.
dons50

Postby dons50 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:20 pm

Before the last three games we had won 7 games out of 35. I don’t think any of us can be unhappy with then winning two out of three.
dons50

Postby MKDF » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:04 pm

dons50 wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote: even his final whistle was ridiculous. I thought all refs knew about the furoré after World Cup game when referee Thomas blew immediately a corner was taken and a second later Brazil had the ball in the net. Whether Lewie's shot would have been saved or not is irrelevant, I think the keeper would probably have saved it, but it is a true reflection of the referee's ineptitude.

I agree the ref was bad but not sure I agree with this point. If the time is up then it’s up.

He played exactly 5:17. That's a meaningless addition if you consider the additional stoppages.
MKDF

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat