What a result...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

What a result...

Postby ACDon » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:32 am

Still a long way to go and a lot of work to be done, but a massive thumbs up to DM, 10 points out of 12 in our last four games is a superb effort. Well done to everyone who kept the faith and made the trip tonight. Boy, was it worth it!! :D

COYD.
ACDon

Re: What a result...

Postby MKDF » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:05 am

Possibly a season defining toe poke! What a time to score! Not quite an Edds given that it isn't the end of the season yet, but it might have the same effect. :D

Though Williams is a lucky young man - being at fault for their goal. I don't really understand a defender who rarely looks round to see who is moving behind him. Failed to do it all evening.

As a spectacle it was not a great performance. Fairly ragged in fact and largely pointless long balls forward (again worse than anything under Neilson). But the fight is getting us through. I still question DM's selections and subs, but somehow the rest of the team carry the weaker ones.

I didn't get a good view of the handball accusation, but the replay does ask the question. Again I didn't register the 'dive' live, but on the replay it could have been interpreted either way.

As for Chuks' surging run - absolutely nailed on red card. The ref decided not to correctly apply the laws as his position was good enough to see Chuks was clean through.

Nice of Gillingham to put us under cover, though it made the resident Gills fans very uncomfortable. The granddad and kid next to me decided to move after Chuks's goal. Strange situation and felt for them.

Anyway, back to the emotional side - a match I will never forget. From the appalling journey, the Southern Belle pub with a barmaid with an incomprehensible accent, no seats, the topsy turvy game, stewards who block your view, to the Gills fan with the satchel giving it while walking not two feet from where I sat :lol:

Wouldn't have traded it for a grand.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:11 am

I enjoyed the game with both teams going for it and I thought it was a stonewall penalty and a red card. I wouldn't be as hard on Williams I thought he had a good game even before the goal and although he did let the player slip by, the fault was as much letting a left back on the right wing going inside and giving him bags of room to deliver a cross. So fingers crossed as the next two games will be our hardest yet.

I heard a steward say that they didn't expect as many which was why they let us in under cover. I didn't think the atmosphere being the fans was too bad except for name calling, until satchel man decided to walk into of our fans giving it big. Sensibly the stewards decided to use a different exit for the rest of their fans in that area.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:21 am

Yep, credit that sets of fans mixed without a hint of any problem. It actually added to the experience.

As for Williams, I hope it gets ironed out in training.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:25 am

How on earth was this not a penalty?

Gills v Dons 18.jpg
Gills v Dons 18.jpg (6.2 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:48 am

There's an argument he played for it, which is not reflected in a still.

But agree most refs would've given it.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:54 am

MKDF wrote:There's an argument he played for it, which is not reflected in a still.

Contact was made and looking at a previous still Callum clearing is looking to get around him and not looking to dive.

Gills v Dons  2 18.jpg
Gills v Dons 2 18.jpg (4.67 KiB) Viewed 1201 times

The ref wasn't going to give any of the big decisions, so well done for the lads to get it done in the end.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:23 am

I concede. ;)
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:30 am

For staying dry reasons, it was a good decision to put us down the side but for viewing reasons I'm not so sure, last season we had the use of the side and the open end. One thing is for sure, it does (or should) make us all the more appreciative of the viewing we have at our superb stadium.

Have to agree with MKDF, it certainly wasn't a vintage performance and there is much room for improvements, but it was a battling performance, a scrappy win and there was plenty of spirit out there, if we can manage to incorporate those three ingredients in the majority of our remaining games we will at least give ourselves a fighting chance of staying up. The Gill's goal was the result of a very dangerous ball into our box, not too sure who was to blame but someone (in this case Williams or Nicholls) has to scream and take command in those type of situations, if nothing else it puts the attacking player off. Also agree about the "nailed on" Red card, imagine if last night's game had been a make or break clash at the New Den and the decision went against Millwall! Funniest part of the game was Thomas-Assante's trickery in front of us followed by a superbly executed dive that Robert Pires would have been proud of :lol: .

We dodged the Southern Belle and went in the Britannia Inn about 20 yards around the corner, hardly the Ritz but slightly more appealing, quite a good crowd of us in there, we had a good laugh and the locals were friendly. Carry outs on the train home and more banter, I've had worse evenings out. :D
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:49 am

Furzdonny wrote:
MKDF wrote:There's an argument he played for it, which is not reflected in a still.

Contact was made and looking at a previous still Callum clearing is looking to get around him and not looking to dive.

Gills v Dons 2 18.jpg

The ref wasn't going to give any of the big decisions, so well done for the lads to get it done in the end.

https://res.cloudinary.com/jpress/image ... /image.jpg

This pic is less flattering.
MKDF

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat