What a result...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: What a result...

Postby Furzdonny » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:59 am

MKDF wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:
MKDF wrote:There's an argument he played for it, which is not reflected in a still.

But agree most refs would've given it.

Contact was made and looking at a previous still Callum clearing is looking to get around him and not looking to dive.

Gills v Dons 2 18.jpg

The ref wasn't going to give any of the big decisions, so well done for the lads to get it done in the end.

https://res.cloudinary.com/jpress/image ... /image.jpg

This pic is less flattering.

True, but by that time the contact had already been made. I would have liked to see the actual incident from that angle to change my mind.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:27 am

The timing of the goal couldn't have been better. If we are to survive by sheer spirit and determination, a goal so late will drive us to keep going no matter what.

I loved the look on Williams' face after he scored. Total euphoria. And the team togetherness shown by the fan and player reactions was superb.

Not felt like that since we won promotion a couple of seasons back.

We're in the fight, even against good teams like Blackburn. Roll on Monday. :D
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:00 pm

It's good to see belief in the players and that we have a chance of staying up. Saying that I believe any points we can get from Blackburn & Wigan is a bonus. The other games will decide the season, unless we do the virtual impossible and beat the both.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:30 pm

Furzdonny wrote:It's good to see belief in the players and that we have a chance of staying up. Saying that I believe any points we can get from Blackburn & Wigan is a bonus. The other games will decide the season, unless we do the virtual impossible and beat the both.

Because it is so tight at the top, both Blackburn and Wigan have plenty of reasons to win their game against us and for that reason I will be happy if we can get one point from these two games, anything else will be a bonus, the most important thing is to not get rolled over and lose the new found confidence we seem to have found. Credit to Dan Micciche, he must be doing something right. :D
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:03 pm

Some rational perspectives from two very optimistic posters. What happened to the gung ho outlook by someone not far from this thread who made a bold prediction that very nearly came true despite having no form to point to in support of such an outrageous forecast?
MKDF

Postby dons50 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:47 pm

We’ll be fine.
dons50

Postby Furzdonny » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:57 pm

MKDF wrote:Some rational perspectives from two very optimistic posters. What happened to the gung ho outlook by someone not far from this thread who made a bold prediction that very nearly came true despite having no form to point to in support of such an outrageous forecast?

It was very optimistic, but I knew we had a lot of home games in March and that we needed to win most. :D It almost came off, but I'm glad we did as well as we did. Now I believe we will need 52 points to survive and that's what we will get, but it's likely there will be many twists and turns along the way. I still feel we need to improve, get more clear cut chances and put them away.
Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:12 pm

What a result indeed. Well done to those that went to the game and thanks for your inputs - it was a nail-biting ending listening to it at home and I can only imagine what the atmosphere felt like watching it live.
It looks like if we are going to survive we are going to have to win 'ugly' as this game didn't seem to be a game for the purists! Credit to Dan, one thing that he has certainly changed with his more relaxed and instructive manner is getting the players to believe in themselves, to believe that we can get out of this mess and to believe in the club.
Until very recently this season has been memorable only for all the wrong reasons, but the ending could well change all that!
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:22 pm

Some very cooperative results from teams around us. With the exception of lucky Rochdale. In the final minutes Shrewsbury hit the bar, were awarded a penalty which was then reversed, from which Rochdale scored a lucky third instead of dropping points.

Twists and turns FD. ;)

I agree LD, DM has done a brilliant job of getting this team to play for each other and their pride, helped I'm sure by folks like Gilby and Reo Coker.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:33 am

MKDF wrote:Some very cooperative results from teams around us. With the exception of lucky Rochdale. In the final minutes Shrewsbury hit the bar, were awarded a penalty which was then reversed, from which Rochdale scored a lucky third instead of dropping points.

Twists and turns FD. ;)

I agree LD, DM has done a brilliant job of getting this team to play for each other and their pride, helped I'm sure by folks like Gilby and Reo Coker.

The Shrewsbury result may not be as bad as most people think. They play us in our final league game, hopefully they will be in third position with no chance of an automatic promotion place and no possibility of finishing fourth, so regardless of whether they rest players or not, this game will mean nothing to them. Pretty sure our fight for survival will go right to the wire.
ACDon

PreviousNext

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat