Blackburn reviews

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: Blackburn reviews

Postby LinsladeDon » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:06 am

ACDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:Deliberate most certainly does come into it. It is written clearly in law 12. That law says nothing about unnatural position. That is guidance used by refs to help them determine what’s deliberate or not. But it is only guidance. Deliberate is the key word.

The majority of penalties awarded for handball are NOT deliberate, a player on the line will make his self as big as possible to block a shot (it's the natural thing to do) and sometimes his arms will go out in a position where he gains an advantage by handballing and a penalty is invariably given, despite the fact the player had no intention of handling the ball. So much of it is down to how the Referee interprets the law, rather like the crazy offside law.

A score draw; you are both correct. AC Don's last sentence sums it up perfectly.
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:29 am

LinsladeDon wrote:
ACDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:Deliberate most certainly does come into it. It is written clearly in law 12. That law says nothing about unnatural position. That is guidance used by refs to help them determine what’s deliberate or not. But it is only guidance. Deliberate is the key word.

The majority of penalties awarded for handball are NOT deliberate, a player on the line will make his self as big as possible to block a shot (it's the natural thing to do) and sometimes his arms will go out in a position where he gains an advantage by handballing and a penalty is invariably given, despite the fact the player had no intention of handling the ball. So much of it is down to how the Referee interprets the law, rather like the crazy offside law.

A score draw; you are both correct. AC Don's last sentence sums it up perfectly.

How can a referee definitely say any handball is deliberate unless they are a mind reader? I prefer the guidance on the unnatural position as the correct one and the interpretation that hand to ball is handball while ball to hand (in most cases) isn't .
Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:55 am

A good game yesterday and one we should really have got something from. A few things niggled me a little bit though;
Muirhead as an attacking LB was exposed as a defensive weakness against Gillingham, so why put him in that situation again against probably the best team in the league? When the first goal was scored we still didn't change anything until HT - after they had scored the killer second goal from a similar position.
I doubt Nicholls could have saved the first goal, but even so, at the very least when a keeper dives to try and make a save he should have his arm out-stretched to make the best effort possible. Nicholls attempt to save the shot was feeble.
Still, his attempt was no less feeble than the way in which Lewie allowed Armstrong to skip past him to score his second goal.

Scott Golbourne's return to fitness should resolve our defensive weakness on our left.

Agreed we had good reasons for penalty shouts and keeper Raya made three outstanding saves, but Blackburn can claim they missed the two best chances of the game, one in the opening minutes and the other in the closing minutes.

But all of this is what makes football the game it is, and this was a good one, no disgrace on us whatsoever.

I will let Tony Mowbray do the summing-up, "You will be alright, we were hanging on at the end and we haven't done that for months."
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:12 pm

A good summary LD. The only thing I am concerned about is that if Robbie Muirhead is dropped we lose some of our attacking threat.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:06 pm

Furzdonny wrote:A good summary LD. The only thing I am concerned about is that if Robbie Muirhead is dropped we lose some of our attacking threat.

I’m a Muirhead fan, but we do have rarely used attacking options in Ugbo and Nesbit. Assuming Tav is never coming back.

Agree on the poor defending. From front to back we made it easy for them especially in the first half.
MKDF

Postby LinsladeDon » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:40 pm

MKDF wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:A good summary LD. The only thing I am concerned about is that if Robbie Muirhead is dropped we lose some of our attacking threat.

I’m a Muirhead fan, but we do have rarely used attacking options in Ugbo and Nesbit. Assuming Tav is never coming back.

Agree on the poor defending. From front to back we made it easy for them especially in the first half.

Had a good laugh with Nesbitt yesterday, both of us Scottish, he with a Glaswegian accent and me half deaf;
Me; Are you fit now, I have been looking out for your return.
Aidan; Gave a reply.
Me; Hold on, can you repeat that last bit please.
Aidan; Aye, I'm awright noo. (Yes, I am alright now)
Me; Thanks for that, I was wondering how in the hell you knew my name was Lew.

Well, it was funny at the time. :lol:

Also said he was raring to get back, couldn't wait to get on the pitch.
LinsladeDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:54 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:
MKDF wrote:

Had a good laugh with Nesbitt yesterday, both of us Scottish, he with a Glaswegian accent and me half deaf;
Me; Are you fit now, I have been looking out for your return.
Aidan; Gave a lengthy reply.
Me; Hold on, can you repeat that last bit please.
Aidan; Aye, I'm awright noo. (Yes, I am alright now)
Me; Thanks for that, I was wondering how in the hell you knew my name was Lew.

Well, it was funny at the time. :lol:

Also said he was raring to get back, couldn't wait to get on the pitch.
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:24 pm

MKDF wrote:

Not at wing back we don't. It was good to see George getting a goal, but I don't hope up much hope of another one and I can't see either Lewie or Scott Golbourne scoring, except maybe from a free kick if they get a chance. I also can't see Nesbitt getting much of a chance, while Ugbo hasn't got his shooting boots on since he has been here.

I assume it will be Lewie as the left centre back and Scott as the wing back, but he's still coming back from injury and I can't see Lewie as a wing back for the whole of the game as the position requires a lot stamina Lewie no longer has. The ideal person would be Tymon but I understand he's still another three weeks away.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:49 pm

We have three decent centre backs (including the option of Lewie) and took Golborne to be the principal left wing back in DM’s preferred formation. That leaves a role for a pacey left CM. Plus better linkage between backs and forwards.
MKDF

Previous

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat