The run in.....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

The run in.....

Postby ACDon » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:16 pm

Wigan Athletic...............AWAY
Doncaster Rovers............HOME
Southend United.............AWAY
Bradford City..................AWAY
Scunthorpe United............HOME
Shrewsbury Town..............AWAY

18 points up for grabs. I'm not sure if 50 points is going to be enough to avoid relegation this season, so I reckon we need a minimum of 10 points from our remaining six games, it doesn't look easy as most of the teams we are due to play still have something to play for at the moment, though that may change as the run in unfolds.

How do you think we will do in these games? And do you think we will avoid the drop?
ACDon

Re: The run in.....

Postby Furzdonny » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:42 pm

ACDon wrote:Wigan Athletic...............AWAY

18 points up for grabs. I'm not sure if 50 points is going to be enough to avoid relegation this season, so I reckon we need a minimum of 10 points from our remaining six games, it doesn't look easy as most of the teams we are due to play still have something to play for at the moment, though that may change as the run in unfolds.

How do you think we will do in these games? And do you think we will avoid the drop?

I agree 10 points is what we need and although I have put Wigan as a win, any points will be a bonus.

I will go for three wins and a draw against Shrewsbury
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:26 pm

We need three wins and one draw, which is really tough. In terms of possibility, considering the runs in of the teams around us, my gut tells me we have somewhere between 50-60% chance.

What gives me a high hope is that we’ve found our fight while others are losing theirs. KFC and Walsall are our key rivals who happen to play each other and other lower teams over the next couple of weeks. Draws for them would help us, while we’ll also be routing for Charlton on 10th.
Last edited by MKDF on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MKDF

Postby dons50 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:28 pm

I reckon we will win the home games.

Can we get enough from the always?
dons50

Postby ACDon » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:36 pm

I'm not saying 10 points means we are safe but I think we would be unfortunate if we were to get relegated with 52 points. Interestingly, Rochdale have a very good goal difference of -6 which is worth a point, but they do have some tough looking games to play.

Hopefully Bradford City and Shrewsbury will lose a couple of games in the next couple of weeks so Bradford cannot make the play-offs and Shrewsbury are third and without a chance of finishing second, this could be quite significant to our fate IMO.
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:26 pm

In the cold light of day, that is a very difficult ending to our season and a couple of months ago our then form would have inevitably seen us relegated.
But today, looking at the bottom half of the table, only Fleetwood, sitting in a comfortable 13th position, have managed to collect more points than us over their last six games.
In fact, of the six teams we have yet to play, only Wigan and Shrewsbury have shown better results than us over their last six games.
That has to give us some hope and it could go the the very last day of the season and guess what - I have a family wedding to go to on that day :x
Yes we can do it, but please let us confirm it by beating Scunthorpe in our last home game and let me enjoy the wedding in peace. :D
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:13 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:

In the cold light of day, that is a very difficult ending to our season and a couple of months ago our then form would have inevitably seen us relegated.
But today, looking at the bottom half of the table, only Fleetwood, sitting in a comfortable 13th position, have managed to collect more points than us over their last six games.
In fact, of the six teams we have yet to play, only Wigan and Shrewsbury have shown better results than us over their last six games.
That has to give us some hope and it could go the the very last day of the season and guess what - I have a family wedding to go to on that day :x
Yes we can do it, but please let us confirm it by beating Scunthorpe in our last home game and let me enjoy the wedding in peace. :D

Blimey LD, you're not asking for much!! :o I will be amazed if everything is cut and dried before the last game. Think you're going to be sweating it out at the Wedding I'm afraid.

I will be happy if it's in our own hands when we go to Shrewsbury las game, ie; a draw or win will keep us up. :D
Last edited by ACDon on Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ACDon

Postby Dark Destroyer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:09 pm

All this speculation and wishful thinking is not relevant now IMHO. Renewed my season ticket last Tuesday so whatever happens putting the season behind me and looking forward to better things next season whether in L1 or L2?.
Dark Destroyer

Postby Furzdonny » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:48 pm

Renewed but not accepting relegation just yet.
Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:57 pm

Dark Destroyer wrote:All this speculation and wishful thinking is not relevant now IMHO. Renewed my season ticket last Tuesday so whatever happens putting the season behind me and looking forward to better things next season whether in L1 or L2?.

Agree that speculation and wishful thinking is irrelevant, just as it has been all season - we can't influence results in any way other than by giving the team our vociferous support. But what is fact is that many of the teams in the relegation fight have yet to play each other. They cannot all win these games and much is going to happen before it is decided who is going down.
No harm in us speculating and hearing what fellow supporters views are on what is an interesting end to the season - it all adds to the general atmosphere that surrounds this beautiful (well, OK, sometimes) game.
Like you, and all others on this forum (as far as I know) we also have renewed our STs and hope for better things next year. :D
LinsladeDon

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat