Terrible afternoon

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: Terrible afternoon

Postby chas96 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:30 pm

Lewie would be the first name in my starting eleven.
chas96

Postby dons50 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:27 am

Would they have scored their first goal yesterday if it had been Lewie at left back rather than Golbourne?
dons50

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:42 am

dons50 wrote:Would they have scored their first goal yesterday if it had been Lewie at left back rather than Golbourne?

Probably. I don't know where Lewie was going after the winger got the ball.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:37 am

Furzdonny wrote:
dons50 wrote:Would they have scored their first goal yesterday if it had been Lewie at left back rather than Golbourne?

Doncaster's first goal was definitely Golbourne's fault, to let a player get a cross/shot in from that position was purely down to poor defending. Maybe Sietsma should have done better, but the Doncaster winger should never have been allowed to put the ball across, it was just a basic defending job done poorly.
ACDon

Postby dons50 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:55 am

ACDon wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:

Doncaster's first goal was definitely Golbourne's fault, to let a player get a cross/shot in from that position was purely down to poor defending. Maybe Sietsma should have done better, but the Doncaster winger should never have been allowed to put the ball across, it was just a basic defending job done poorly.

That’s my point, imagine the reaction if it was Lewie, who, in my opinion, played very well again yesterday.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:06 am

dons50 wrote:
ACDon wrote:

That’s my point, imagine the reaction if it was Lewie, who, in my opinion, played very well again yesterday.

Yeah, IMO (and several others sat around Me) Lewie was one of our best performers yesterday, As for the first goal, it wouldn't have happened if Lewie had been defending in that position. I get tired of hearing people say he has lost pace, Lewie wasn't ever fast, he's probably as quick now as he was 10 years ago, if he had pace he would have been playing much higher up the football pyramid. We should be grateful to have a player of his ability on our books. Just look who was at the centre of what was probably our best move of the game yesterday in the first half.
ACDon

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:27 am

ACDon wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:

I've seen plenty of times a winger beating a full back in this league, but this time it's noticed because a goal is scored. Lewie gets himself twice out of position. 1 Coming forward although the player is covered, which means he can't get back to where the ball was played in the box and 2 When he should have double teamed with Golbourne who could then have covered the goal better. In my opinion Lewie was as to blame as Golbourne for the goal.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:49 pm

We didn’t take our chances. Those had a bugger impact. [for once a dodgy auto correct is right]

Can’t believe those misses.

Oh, and two more penalties denied. One I thought raises an interesting debate: if you do not move your arm knowing the ball is going to hit it and you’ll gain an advantage, is that a penalty? Yes IMO.

Tav was through and the defender played the man. Stonewall.
MKDF

Previous

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat