Terrible afternoon

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Terrible afternoon

Postby MKDF » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:04 pm

We watched this via the stream overseas. So had a very good view.

Collective fail irrespective of the scoreline, which was embarrassingly easy for Wigan.

When I saw the lineup I thought we might be in trouble. Again DM avoids pace and sets lineups who are going to struggle. He then fails to change things when the need for change was obvious.

Add to that collective sloppiness of immense proportions and the rest is history. No one but Pawlett can hold up their heads. The rest couldn’t even control the ball.

I hope Lewington is dropped for the remainder of the season. Absolute liability for weeks.
MKDF

Re: Terrible afternoon

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:35 pm

I will take your word about the performance and Dan's tactics. It certainly didn't sound good on the radio. Pawlett hardly got a mention so I am surprised that you praised him, but I said the same about Lewis after the last game. How was Ebanks-Landall?

Luckily there were a few late draws so not all is lost, although the players will need to show their strength of character after that big loss and it doesn't do our goal difference any good.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:06 pm

I’m surprised 3cr mentioned anything to do with the match. They normally chat amongst themselves don’t they?

Right now the four teams in the zone must be the favourites to go down.

EEL had a 4/10 game. Not sure how you can score an own goal from his position. 175 degree span to chose from and he picks the 5 degree radial from 9 yards out with a diving header. Not the sign of a great defender but terrific striker.

Anything good we did involved Pawlett. Chuks had a shocking game, but we can’t expect the world from him every game.

No other players even had a decent first touch, maybe excepting Brittain for 15 minutes.

Poor decision making everywhere. Appalling defending, with ball watching throughout. Sluggish. The fourth was terrible to concede. Came off the bar and spun in, with two defenders not even trying to react. Even Ward was poor, and he missed a sitter.

All the bad defending involved Lewington. Must be dropped, Agard too.

The scoreline doesn’t worry me. The selection, the tactics and the inertia from DM worries me a lot.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:37 pm

3CR didn't have a bad game 5/10. :D I agree about Lewie and Kieran Agard, I would also drop EEL as he does seem to make a lot of mistakes and can only have been played because he is seen as good in the air. I didn't understand why we dropped Scott Wootton, he was getting used to being the right centre back and the major problems have been on the left. I will be happier with Williams, Wootton & Ward as our centre backs and give Brandon Thomas-Assante the chance over Agard and Ugbo.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:53 pm

Yep

Just watched the DM press chat. No acknowledgment of his own contribution to that performance. Lewington was very exposed in recent games, so he puts him and EEL together. Then ensures there little pace on the pitch. Then doesn’t plug the midfield where we kept losing possession. 3/10 for DM today. The players did the rest.

Hey ho. Let’s hope he switches up before the next game.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:02 pm

Looking at the highlights Wigan did play well and got in some good early crosses. It seems we came up against a good side on a good day.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:55 pm

Incredible comments from people who never even went to the game!!

Who would you replace the players you are dropping with??

I never expected much from the Blackburn or Wigan games, we were up against the two best sides in the league who still have plenty to play for, so two defeats was always the likely outcome. Why not back the Manager and team in our remaining games and see where we are then. I still remain confident that 52 points will be enough for safety.
ACDon

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:12 pm

I believe it's natural to question tactics after a heavy defeat even against one of the top teams. In regards to replacements Wootton for EEL seems straight forward, but a replacement for Lewie is more difficult as there are no natural replacements, but perhaps Golbourne, Williams or even Cisse. I am and will be behind Dan and team, however I reserve the right to express my own opinions.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:26 pm

Furzdonny wrote:I believe it's natural to question tactics after a heavy defeat even against one of the top teams. In regards to replacements Wootton for EEL seems straight forward, but a replacement for Lewie is more difficult as there are no natural replacements, but perhaps Golbourne, Williams or even Cisse. I am and will be behind Dan and team, however I reserve the right to express my own opinions.

Everyone has the right to express their own opinions, but in my experience it is much better to stay positive and back your players. Yes, we have had a set back, but everything could easily change in the next couple of weeks.
ACDon

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:47 pm

ACDon wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:I believe it's natural to question tactics after a heavy defeat even against one of the top teams. In regards to replacements Wootton for EEL seems straight forward, but a replacement for Lewie is more difficult as there are no natural replacements, but perhaps Golbourne, Williams or even Cisse. I am and will be behind Dan and team, however I reserve the right to express my own opinions.

Everyone has the right to express their own opinions, but in my experience it is much better to stay positive and back your players. Yes, we have had a set back, but everything could easily change in the next couple of weeks.

I hope so, we can't afford another result like that.
Furzdonny

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat