Terrible afternoon

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: Terrible afternoon

Postby Slumdonmillionaire » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:52 pm

I was at the game and agree with MKDF's comments. That doesn't mean that I don't support the team or the manager, that's the main reason I was there today and will go to Dons' matches until I die, regardless of league and results. It's just that some players have off days, some are marked out of the game from time to time, some are asked to play in positions they don't normally play (v Blackburn we had no left back position in our game plan yet we had three left backs on the pitch at one time!) and some players have passed their best before date. The realities of our season IMO.
Slumdonmillionaire

Postby dons50 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:23 am

I wasn’t at the game so can’t comment specifically but I’m surprised that Lewie was so poor. Since he has come back I think he’s been one of our best players. There’s still plenty of life in him, in my view. A smart player.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:33 am

dons50 wrote:I wasn’t at the game so can’t comment specifically but I’m surprised that Lewie was so poor. Since he has come back I think he’s been one of our best players. There’s still plenty of life in him, in my view. A smart player.

Exactly my thoughts and he certainly wasn't one of our worst players yesterday, I can't get my head round the fact certain factions of our supporters cite him for criticism whenever we have a bad result, a great professional and a model of consistency for so many years, who is loved by all true Dons fans.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:37 am

dons50 wrote:I wasn’t at the game so can’t comment specifically but I’m surprised that Lewie was so poor. Since he has come back I think he’s been one of our best players. There’s still plenty of life in him, in my view. A smart player.

I’m a long time promoter of Lewington D50. But of late he hasn’t been pulling his weight IMO.

For example, yesterday he lacked diligence to track runners in the box. That made EEL and others look worse than they deserve. And goals were scored as a result.

Then that questions a manager’s decision IMO to put him and EEL alongside each other. Right now Lewie looks untouchable which might just result in us dropping points unnecessarily.
MKDF

Postby MKDF » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:39 am

ACDon wrote:

Exactly my thoughts and he certainly wasn't one of our worst players yesterday, I can't get my head round the fact certain factions of our supporters cite him for criticism whenever we have a bad result, a great professional and a model of consistency for so many years, who is loved by all true Dons fans.

You go too far AC.
MKDF

Postby dons50 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:43 am

MKDF wrote:

I’m a long time promoter of Lewington D50. But of late he hasn’t been pulling his weight IMO.

As I say, I wasn’t there yesterday so will have to take your word for it. However, that certainly hasn’t been the case in any other game since he has come back.
dons50

Postby MKDF » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:46 am

In attack I agree D50. In defence I don’t (that is when he back and carries the responsibility).
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:37 am

The way I see it the purpose of criticism is to communicate displeasure, which is self evident when a team loses 5-1 and to discuss where the team can improve. The Gillingham, Blackburn and 1st three Wigan goals highlight a problem with early crosses (common problem with wing backs), lack of defensive cover on the left and that George Williams has problems covering crosses. I don't suggest that we change from wing backs as it's too late in the day, but Dan needs to address these failings as opponents will look to exploit them. I would also suggest that the formation against Wigan disrupted the defence.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:20 am

Agreed.

Marginal gains, not atrophy as yesterday. It doesn’t matter that we lost the last two. The next ones count.
MKDF

Postby LinsladeDon » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:46 am

MKDF wrote:
ACDon wrote:

You go too far AC.

Agreed MKDF - in more ways than one. Other than brotherly love I can't say I have ever loved another man but I certainly respect Lewie. When he came back from exile he gave some composure to our defence, but that was short lived and he is a weakness once again being targeted by opposition managers. I hear he is doing well coaching our youngsters - that will become full-time sooner rather than later.
:lol: (for the opening comment) :( (that the end of his playing career is nigh)
LinsladeDon

PreviousNext

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat