Doncaster Rovers game....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Doncaster Rovers game....

Postby ACDon » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:26 am

They don't come much bigger than this!! I can't remember the last time we played such an important game. I know all games are worth 3 points for a win, but this game really is a must win!

The easiest (on paper) of our remaining 5 games and our penultimate home game of the season, win today and we at least give ourselves a chance, lose and we face 4 harder (on paper) looking games in which to get the required points for safety, which I believe will be at least 52.

Pretty sure DM will leave the players in little doubt of this game's importance in his team talk today.

COYD.
ACDon

Re: Doncaster Rovers game....

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:36 am

I don't suppose he has to. If I was him I would say forget the pressure, play your game, win your battles and we will win it. Enjoy the moment.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:01 am

Yep, it can't be understated.

We need 11 steady, clear heads out there, willing to play with freedom. We've a lot of inexperience, so without getting their heads straight before walking out, we risk misplaced passes, hesitation, low work rate and ball watching.

We can't afford the crowd to get on their backs either.

I'll be doing my utmost to help the cowshed be at its best. I'm sure the rest of you will be stirring your neighbours too.

So here's to freedom, fearlessness, aggression, skill and ambition. Most of all, cleverness.

As Kranz was reputed to have said in the darkest point of the Apollo 13 mission: "this will be our finest hour".
MKDF

Postby LinsladeDon » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:06 am

Furzdonny wrote:I don't suppose he has to. If I was him I would say forget the pressure, play your game, win your battles and we will win it. Enjoy the moment.

Agreed. I heard one of our players say during a recent MOTM presentation that Dan's instructions are much along these lines. He encourages the players to "express themselves."
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:08 am

LinsladeDon wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:I don't suppose he has to. If I was him I would say forget the pressure, play your game, win your battles and we will win it. Enjoy the moment.

Agreed. I heard one of our players say during a recent MOTM presentation that Dan's instructions are much along these lines. He encourages the players to "express themselves."

FFS your posts make mine look way over the top...

:lol:
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:34 pm

Totally agree about the motivation issue, there really should be no need to get the players up for this one, the importance of the game speaks for itself, I think there will be a few of us kicking the ball in the stands today! ;)

Having said that, if I was in Dan Micchiche's shoes today, I would haul anybody off if I thought they weren't putting a shift in, it's certainly no time to be carrying passengers!
ACDon

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:50 pm

We did OK 1st half, but they came out with nore intensity the 2nd half and we reverted to long balls going nowhere. When we did have chances the shots were all at the keeper. In the end we lost our battles and now the prospects are looking bleak.
Furzdonny

Postby dons50 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:55 pm

We lost because their keeper played better than ours.
dons50

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:14 pm

dons50 wrote:We lost because their keeper played better than ours.

I wouldn't blame our keeper for either goal and if we had shot to the goal corners their goalkeeper wouldn't have been so good. Plus I'm surprised you don't have a problem with long aimless passes.
Furzdonny

Postby dons50 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Furzdonny wrote:
dons50 wrote:We lost because their keeper played better than ours.

I wouldn't blame our keeper for either goal and if we had shot to the goal corners their goalkeeper wouldn't have been so good. Plus I'm surprised you don't have a problem with long aimless passes.

I’m not necessarily blaming ours, more praising theirs. If it wasn’t for him we would have won the game.

Fair point about long balls. That’s always the temptation with playing two up top. I’d much rather see Aneke in midfield.
dons50

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat