If Maccichi stays I believe we will get off

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

If Maccichi stays I believe we will get off

Postby MKDF » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:27 pm

to the worst possible start next season.

Watching via stream that was one of the most hapless performances I’ve ever seen from a Dons team.
MKDF

Re: If Maccichi stays I believe we will get off

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:44 pm

It's a worry certainly.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:22 pm

Just got back to our hotel. I'm not going to defend what was a truly dire performance, but some of the abuse aimed at our players, Manager and chairman from a group of our supporters certainly will not help matters. I did say a long time ago, the damage Neilson has done will take ages to put right, so I certainly will not be pointing the finger of blame towards Dan Micciche.

Best part of the day was the drink and discussion 8 of us had in the pub after the game accompanied by the lovely fish and chips the landlady kindly let us get from the takeaway over the road and eat in the pub. :D Says it all really...
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:09 pm

Glad you're making the most of it and agree re abuse - as I said in the other thread, the players have tried their best and deserve better.

I know you're well and truly bought into the DM camp AC, but you really must see his glaring shortcomings. The appointment so far has been abysmal to say the least.

I'm not advocating that he be sacked (yet), but he needs to produce something reassuring on recruitment and in the first month or two of next season, or I'll be far less kind.

His latest assertions that he was nominated for manager of the month, and that he is not out of his depth says it all. If he's not out of his depth, then he's not good enough. He isn't producing any better football than Neilson, he's losing more games, and several of those are down to obvious tactical errors.

His one apparent strength, to motivate, has failed too. Yesterday was utter garbage on the pitch. Even Chuks has been really poor under DM.

And those who still say it's down to the quality of players are kidding themselves IMO. Yes, they're not great, but they're better than the likes of a very weak Southend who thumped us yesterday.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:16 am

Recruitment of new players and re-motivation of existing players as well as tactical awareness is key. If Pete believe Dan has these skills and we can identify and attract these players with Dan/ Keith in charge, he should stay. If Pete believes there is an available manager who can do significantly better and we can afford him, Dan should go at the end of the season.
Furzdonny

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat