Refresh the board?

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Refresh the board?

Postby MKDF » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:37 am

Like many, I've been struggling to get my head around our decline over the last few years. I agree with 3cr in that something is fundamentally wrong behind the scenes at StadMK, even under Robbo. It manifests in recruitment, in commercial decisions, and in the ethos of the club.

I wonder whether the MK board and the commercial team would benefit from some refreshing, especially with some wider football experience.

Thoughts?
MKDF

Re: Refresh the board?

Postby Dark Destroyer » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:37 am

Totally agree. PW in my opinion although passionate about the club he is clueless when it comes to football matters, This was especially obvious when he appointed Robbie Neilson a manager from a league that has the most dire football in the world!. Just watch the live games on BBC Alba it's like watching paint dry. This lack of knowledge and proffesionalism filters all the way down through Admin and at the bottom of the chain the bars and concession outlets. Although i reluctantly renewed my season ticket I fear within a short period we could even lose our league status and end up in the B&Q League or whatever it will be called then. Before you people who wear Rose coloured spectacles think this could never happen look at the history of the Football League, It's littered with once good teams dropping out. AFC fans and officials must be wringing their hands with glee at the moment and perhaps the " Hens have come home to roost " after all. I really hope we do not get an announcement during the Scunthorpe match asking the fans to stay behind after the game as PW would like to say a few words. I for one would exit like a bullet rather than listen to his Twaddle.
Dark Destroyer

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:09 am

The problem that any club has, is that when new ideas and people are needed, they have just been relegated, so they can ill afford them. The club needs a review of what is does well and what it does badly, what adds value and what doesn't. In fact, it needs a new project / plan. If I was at the club I wouldn't get any consultants in, unless they are free or at least affordable (with a bit of free club advertisement) as it can come from within the club. If at the end they decide if they need any new person(s) and the talents required, I would see what they can go without to afford it and get them in as soon as possible.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:39 pm

Furzdonny wrote:The problem that any club has, is that when new ideas and people are needed, they have just been relegated, so they can ill afford them. The club needs a review of what is does well and what it does badly, what adds value and what doesn't. In fact, it needs a new project / plan. If I was at the club I wouldn't get any consultants in, unless they are free or at least affordable (with a bit of free club advertisement) as it can come from within the club. If at the end they decide if they need any new person(s) and the talents required, I would see what they can go without to afford it and get them in as soon as possible.

I agree.

I argued repeatedly that this club is struggling to forge a new identity. We've got to move on from the enthusiastic/amateur brand, following 'we're the new Barcelona but everyone hates us' identity. It's kids stuff.

One of the reasons Neilson failed in my view is that he failed to create a more adult identity people could get behind.

That doesn't mean we have to play hoofball. But an effective form of the game which wins more games than not, with a mix of style, possession, pace and physicality.

Behind the scenes we need to be more professional. That means bringing onto the board wider football experience in my view. Sometimes top leadership teams need freshening up as much as football teams.
MKDF

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat