Re-Building......

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: Re-Building......

Postby milo6872 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:40 pm

Unfortunately after the appalling treatment I saw after the game from some of our so called fans to Chuka I would be very surprised he doesn't instigate a move with his agent on Monday morning.How you can abuse a guy who clearly puts his heart and soul into every game is beyond me. I agree totally with the original comment on this post -lets get behind Pete and the club -show them our support and give the next manager a chance to develop his team. I am sure that as usual a small group of supporters will be calling for the managers head after the pre-season friendlies!! I am encouraged to see that Keith Curle is the bookies favourite at present. I think he would be a good solid fit and he has shown a good understanding of the lower divisions in his time at Carlisle. I for one am looking forward to restarting next season in a positive manner.
milo6872

Postby dons50 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:45 pm

To abuse any player is ridiculous, do people really think that they want to lose and do badly? To abuse our best player really is idiotic. I love watching football but there are some things related to football that I really despise.
dons50

Postby MKDF » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:04 pm

dons50 wrote:To abuse any player is ridiculous, do people really think that they want to lose and do badly? To abuse our best player really is idiotic. I love watching football but there are some things related to football that I really despise.

I don't consider them fans. I saw the incident from the RDB and the moron in question came in kicking off to whoever he chose.

Suitable material for the Northampton fanbase IMO. Ban him from SMK. He should FRO and good riddance.

...or apologise to Pete and Chuks and amend his attitude.
MKDF

Postby dons50 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:02 pm

MKDF wrote:
dons50 wrote:To abuse any player is ridiculous, do people really think that they want to lose and do badly? To abuse our best player really is idiotic. I love watching football but there are some things related to football that I really despise.

I don't consider them fans. I saw the incident from the RDB and the moron in question came in kicking off to whoever he chose.

Suitable material for the Northampton fanbase IMO. Ban him from SMK. He should FRO and good riddance.

Yep, agreed.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:30 pm

MKDF wrote:

Totally agree, that's the second incident of it's kind I have witnessed outside the RDB this season and both have been totally embarrassing. To his credit, Winkie stood and took the abuse from the idiots in question and then said his piece. The man is simply too nice sometimes, he really doesn't need this nonsense, I don't think anyone is more gutted about our predicament than he is. Please give him a break, because he will ensure this club returns to league 1 ASAP.
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:52 am

I can understand and just about accept the boo-boys within the stadium, but anything beyond that is inexcusable. Even more so for us as we consider the Dons to be a family-friendly club.
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:28 pm

The club would have my backing for whatever action they take. There is a risk that someone could end up injured if these numpties can't control themselves.
Furzdonny

Postby slideking » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:52 pm

I totally agree that we need to build from the back. I was nonplussed last Saturday to see us play effectively a back five with Golbourne at centre left with poor Josh Tymon having to cover the entire left flank. It was obvious Golbourne was totally out of his comfort zone. He is a journeyman left back, and should be played as left back. On the right we had Callum Brittain who is not a right back, overlapping or otherwise. He failed to block the cross which led to the second goal - he is a midfield player and does not have the instincts of a right back. I remember he was out of his depth at right back at lowly Northampton when he similarly failed to close down his winger on numerous occasions.
When lower league managers attempt to emulate Pep's or Jose's latest sophisticated tactics only with lower league talent , the effects are all too predictable. On Saturday Scunthorpe's left winger is in the act of crossing the ball, George Williams is marking space, gesturing to someone else to do God knows what, while Upson is gesturing to God knows who to do who knows what, and next thing the ball is in the back of the net.
Scunthorpe played a bog standard flat back four and we hardly had a sniff. The highlight of the season for me was the Peterborough match when nine men snuffed out their attack with two banks of four and a goalkeeper for over an hour. Can we please get a new manager in who is not trying to reinvent the wheel.
slideking

Postby Furzdonny » Tue May 01, 2018 7:24 pm

A very good article on Sky sports, although it concentrates on the strikers

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... e-two-drop
Furzdonny

Postby dons50 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:56 pm

Furzdonny wrote:A very good article on Sky sports, although it concentrates on the strikers

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... e-two-drop

I shudder when I see phrases like “chuck money at it”
dons50

PreviousNext

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat