Player of the year awards night....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Player of the year awards night....

Postby ACDon » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:16 am

Is anyone on here going?

Never been myself, so it's hard to comment too much as to whether it is good value or not, but £59 per head does seem rather expensive. Putting it into context, my mate went to the Leyton Orient player of the year awards dinner at the Prince Regent hotel in Chigwell last night and it cost him £30.

Do you think the Club should make this event more affordable to the working class supporters, or maybe invite season ticket holders for half price?

Any thoughts?
ACDon

Re: Player of the year awards night....

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:30 pm

All this back slapping isn't my cup of tea and I doubt I would go even if it was cheaper. At least the club makes a bit of money out of it.
Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:30 pm

Have been to a few such functions though not all for POTY awards. The best one was when Martin Allen was manager and he kept things moving and handled the night very well - he was a better MC than a manager!
That was classed as a "Pie and mash - meet the manager" night which was ideal, kept the cost down and was excellent value for money.

Other nights have been OK but nothing special, then the last one we attended was poor. We had to sit in our allotted seat and had too many 'heavily built' people at the table which meant being squashed in and uncomfortable, particularly when trying to eat our meal.

Nowadays I believe it is a 3-course meal and not worth £59.00 per head - IMO.
LinsladeDon

Postby slideking » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:11 pm

The missus and I went to one of the club's first ones and we were placed with Izale McLeod. I think he thought that the wine on the table was free with the meal and he polished off, 'early doors' as one might say in football parlance, the expensive bottle of white wine that we had bought and had been intending to nurse through the evening.
We've been to a few since and always enjoyed them. No way are we going to this season's shindig, too painful by half.
slideking

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat