The latest On The Dot blog...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

The latest On The Dot blog...

Postby ACDon » Sun May 20, 2018 9:02 am

Well worth a read, it covers most of the rumours we have already heard and you will be none the wiser when you have read it, but as I said well worth a read. :)

https://onthedot2018.wordpress.com/
ACDon
 
Posts: 6392
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: The latest On The Dot blog...

Postby Furzdonny » Sun May 20, 2018 10:39 am

As usual informative and well written. I was more interested in the 'Another silly season in the sun' article. I too went to the U23 match and thought we should sign Ryan Huddart, but I doubt he would be our No 1. In regards to selling Sow, Agard, and Nicholls; I wouldn't want to see Nicholls go (is he one of our high earners anyway?) and I can't see clubs coming in for Sow or Agard after last season's performances. The only sellable assets we have are Chuks & Callum and they will be hard to replace, but if the money is right it would be hard to say no. My guess is that the job's is Paul Tisdale and while I wouldn't mind Darren Ferguson, I can't see him as wanting to jump ship at Doncaster. I just hope we get in a manager by the end of the month or I will start getting concerned.
User avatar
Furzdonny
 
Posts: 1809
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: The latest On The Dot blog...

Postby ACDon » Sun May 20, 2018 10:55 am

Furzdonny wrote:As usual informative and well written. I was more interested in the 'Another silly season in the sun' article. I too went to the U23 match and thought we should sign Ryan Huddart, but I doubt he would be our No 1. In regards to selling Sow, Agard, and Nicholls; I wouldn't want to see Nicholls go (is he one of our high earners anyway?) and I can't see clubs coming in for Sow or Agard after last season's performances. The only sellable assets we have are Chuks & Callum and they will be hard to replace, but if the money is right it would be hard to say no. My guess is that the job's is Paul Tisdale and while I wouldn't mind Darren Ferguson, I can't see him as wanting to jump ship at Doncaster. I just hope we get in a manager by the end of the month or I will start getting concerned.



TBH, I am already concerned, like it or not, our pre season starts in less than 7 weeks and we haven't got a Manager. I agree with your comments about Tisdale but I can't see him having enough time to sort things out in time for the big kick-off in early August, but we'll see...
ACDon
 
Posts: 6392
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: The latest On The Dot blog...

Postby Furzdonny » Sun May 20, 2018 11:30 am

ACDon wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:As usual informative and well written. I was more interested in the 'Another silly season in the sun' article. I too went to the U23 match and thought we should sign Ryan Huddart, but I doubt he would be our No 1. In regards to selling Sow, Agard, and Nicholls; I wouldn't want to see Nicholls go (is he one of our high earners anyway?) and I can't see clubs coming in for Sow or Agard after last season's performances. The only sellable assets we have are Chuks & Callum and they will be hard to replace, but if the money is right it would be hard to say no. My guess is that the job's is Paul Tisdale and while I wouldn't mind Darren Ferguson, I can't see him as wanting to jump ship at Doncaster. I just hope we get in a manager by the end of the month or I will start getting concerned.



TBH, I am already concerned, like it or not, our pre season starts in less than 7 weeks and we haven't got a Manager. I agree with your comments about Tisdale but I can't see him having enough time to sort things out in time for the big kick-off in early August, but we'll see...


Hopefully if it's Tisdale, Ferguson or A N Other and they are already targetting who we need. However I see the risk that Exeter get promoted, Tisdale decides to stay with them and we are back at the beginning. Hopefully Pete is savvy enough to get them to sign a contract even if it's not going to be announced until the new month, but if he isn't and it goes wrong then I would suggest that Pete employs Keith Millen PDQ as he has already identified recruits.
User avatar
Furzdonny
 
Posts: 1809
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: The latest On The Dot blog...

Postby LinsladeDon » Thu May 24, 2018 11:06 pm

The way this is dragging on without any real hints being bandied about could well be an indication that the choice has been made and the the announcement cannot be made until the appropriate time. This could suggest that Tisdale has agreed to take the job but it would be highly discourteous to say so whilst Exeter have such an important game to left to play.
Tisdale is on a rolling contract at Exeter but in Nov 2016 the club served a 2 year notice on him that his contract was to end. He felt this decision "hurtful" and no doubt some of the trust between him and club was badly damaged. Apparently Southampton, Swansea and Reading have made enquiries about him in the past and he had talks with Pompey in 2013. With his future now uncertain at Exeter and being aged 45, he might well feel that the time is right for him to move on - and we must be a very good attraction for him.
LinsladeDon
 
Posts: 3280
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:47 am

Re: The latest On The Dot blog...

Postby Furzdonny » Fri May 25, 2018 4:09 pm

I get all that but what if they make it up, offer him a load more dosh and promise not to do it again?
User avatar
Furzdonny
 
Posts: 1809
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: The latest On The Dot blog...

Postby LinsladeDon » Fri May 25, 2018 7:26 pm

Furzdonny wrote:I get all that but what if they make it up, offer him a load more dosh and promise not to do it again?

If he does get them promoted this season the Board may well try to do that but Exeter simply don't have the dosh to do so. Tisdale has done remarkably well considering Exeter's finances and the fact that their geographical location makes signing players very difficult. Many players don't wish to relocate their families and it is a helluva long distance to travel from virtually anywhere for training and 'home' games.
Fortunately for Exeter, Tisdale has a good record of producing home-grown youngsters. He has also been a very loyal servant to Exeter. Two particular points that PW will like about him.
When I first heard Tisdale was the Bookies favourite to join us I was rather alakefic about it, but the more I think about it the more I like the idea of him becoming our next manager.
LinsladeDon
 
Posts: 3280
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:47 am


Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 53 guests

cron