Goodbye Ed

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Goodbye Ed

Postby MKDF » Tue May 22, 2018 6:43 pm

And best of luck. Thanks for the service.
MKDF

Re: Goodbye Ed

Postby Furzdonny » Tue May 22, 2018 6:46 pm

A shame. Bags of potential, but too inconsistent (often within games).
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Tue May 22, 2018 7:23 pm

Furzdonny wrote:A shame. Bags of potential, but too inconsistent (often within games).

Yep. I'm quietly pleased, but also grateful for the good he did when he did it.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Tue May 22, 2018 7:55 pm

One of our better players and certainly a player who can hold his own in league 1, he will be missed here, but probably a high wage earner who wants to play at as high a level as possible. The biggest pity is, some of the dross Neilson brought in are almost certainly on similar money and still have a year or so on their contracts, so we will probably have to write next season off as far as promotion is concerned.
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Tue May 22, 2018 10:19 pm

A good player that I would have been pleased to keep a hold off, but I guess this highlights the state of flux that we are in at the moment. We are managerless, nobody is in a position to say whether Upson has a future with us or not - so the player has little alternative but to accept any reasonable offer he receives.
Thanks for your endeavours Ed, best of British for your future.
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Wed May 23, 2018 7:56 am

LinsladeDon wrote:A good player that I would have been pleased to keep a hold off, but I guess this highlights the state of flux that we are in at the moment. We are managerless, nobody is in a position to say whether Upson has a future with us or not - so the player has little alternative but to accept any reasonable offer he receives.

I'm completely speculating, but he played like he couldn't wait to get away at the earliest opportunity...
MKDF

Postby LinsladeDon » Wed May 23, 2018 8:37 am

MKDF wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote:A good player that I would have been pleased to keep a hold off, but I guess this highlights the state of flux that we are in at the moment. We are managerless, nobody is in a position to say whether Upson has a future with us or not - so the player has little alternative but to accept any reasonable offer he receives.

I'm completely speculating, but he played like he couldn't wait to get away at the earliest opportunity...

The way we were playing and the results we were getting made it difficult for any decent player to give his best every week. Chucks is in the same category as Upson and he showed his dissatisfaction much more noticeably and often. Upson assisted in many of the few goals we scored in his two seasons and would have been a big asset in League 2 had we managed to keep him.
We are now in League 2, are we going to replace Upson with a better player? Do we need to replace him? I like McGrandles, perhaps he can 'up' his game and we wont notice Upson has gone!
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Wed May 23, 2018 12:26 pm

Agree about Chuks. I dont't remember Upson being any more consistent under Robinson though. Maybe we slipped because of players like Upson, not the other way around.

When we were in L2 before, we attracted a core of championship players that might have carried us through two promotions if we'd kept hold of all of them. Whether the pay scales are now beyond our reach to do that again is a major question. However, I will keep making the point that the best chance to get into the championship is to get a core of capable players now.
MKDF

Postby dons50 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:43 pm

MKDF wrote:

That’s unfair. He gave his best in all the games I watched.
dons50

Postby MKDF » Wed May 23, 2018 3:22 pm

dons50 wrote:
MKDF wrote:

That’s unfair. He gave his best in all the games I watched.

I thought you generally went to most games D50?
MKDF

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat