Exeter City v Coventry City...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Exeter City v Coventry City...

Postby ACDon » Mon May 28, 2018 9:09 am

Today in the league 2 play off final.

Not sure if the result of this will have any bearing as to whether we get the big announcement of our new Manager or not (my guess is Winkie already has the Tisdale deal in the bag) but I would think a Coventry City win would probably be the best result we could hope for. Despite all their troubles they (CCFC) are still a big club and will surely be better equipped to mount a promotion challenge next season than Exeter City. I watched both the second leg ties of the league 2 play offs and must say I was very impressed by the standard of football, getting out of league 2 is certainly not going to be a "cakewalk".

Any thoughts or predictions?
ACDon

Re: Exeter City v Coventry City...

Postby chas96 » Mon May 28, 2018 9:14 am

Exeter 1 Coventry 2 :D
chas96

Postby LinsladeDon » Mon May 28, 2018 11:45 am

Agree entirely with you thinking AC; Tisdale to be announced this week and League 2 wont be a dawdle.
However, bearing in mind that four teams are promoted out of League 2 and with our resources, it will be a poor show if we don't come straight back up next season.
So, whoever the new manager is going to be and, to coin a phrase, he has to hit the ground running.
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Wed May 30, 2018 5:09 am

Whoever comes in has very little to build on. With no core of any quality this starts at the foundations. I don’t get the impression that we have a clear strategy yet. So it is too soon to set expectations in my view.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Wed May 30, 2018 6:45 am

Having watched Coventry City (who finished 6th in league 2) win the league 2 play-off final (I also saw them win at stadium MK last season and stuff Notts County in the second leg of their play off tie), I am far convinced we will bounce straight back.

Now just over 5 weeks before our first pre-season friendly and still no Manager, IMO we will be playing catch up come the big kick-off in August.
ACDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat