Carabao Cup

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Carabao Cup

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:26 pm

The Carabao Cup games start during the week commencing August 13 and in the first round we host Charlton Athletic from the lofty League 1.
The draw was made last week in Vietnam of all places but the OS doesn't appear to have mentioned it yet. No extra time this season and the ABBA sequence of taking penalty kicks has also been kicked out.

Should be a decent game worth watching and a good opportunity for our new manager to suss out the men from the boys in the squad he has inherited. Neilson wasn't a cup man and wanted to concentrate on the league - fat lot of good that did him and us! I wonder how Tisdale will approach it?

I will certainly be there on the night.
LinsladeDon

Re: Carabao Cup

Postby ACDon » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:45 am

Yeah, not a bad draw, but the league programme will already be under way and we would have played several pre season friendlies prior to this, so ideally Tisdale should have a very good idea about his players by then, what he expects from them and where he still needs to strengthen, as I said in another thread, we are already playing catch up on our rivals, surely we don't want to still be behind into August. My expectation level has been set low for this coming season, if we can finish in the top half I will be reasonably happy and if we can get in the play-offs I would say it was a good season, one thing is for certain it wont be easy and we mustn't take anything for granted.
ACDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat