Our new captain?

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Our new captain?

Postby LinsladeDon » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:04 pm

According to the OS, Jordan Moore-Taylor a 24 year old CB and captain of Exeter has signed for us. Seems he had a clause in his contract that stipulated he could leave on a free transfer if Exeter failed to gain promotion season just gone.
Young but still has good experience and plays in a position we simply had to fill. Could be the on-field leader we are crying out for.
Credit Tisdale with a good first signing.
LinsladeDon

Re: Our new captain?

Postby Furzdonny » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:05 pm

I don't know much about him, but I understand that he's a strong centre half, which we desperately needed. So a good a signing fron me.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:38 pm

Can't say I've ever seen him play, but he is obviously rated by Tisdale. He's made 149 appearances all at league 2 level but hopefully at 24 years of age he is still improving. Potentially a promising new recruit, nothing more.
ACDon

Postby dons50 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:43 am

We already have a captain.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:29 am

dons50 wrote:We already have a captain.

Exactly and he will more than hold his own in league 2......I only wish I could say the same about some of our other players.
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:32 pm

ACDon wrote:

Exactly and he will more than hold his own in league 2......I only wish I could say the same about some of our other players.

Are you sure? We have a new manager who will decide who is to be his captain. PT has just signed his last young, experienced captain whom he probably sees as a regular starter in the team for seasons to come. Why not appoint him captain immediately rather than the current one who could possibly be struggling for a regular place in the team? Remember the unsatisfactory situation we had last season rotating Lewie, Williams and Gilbey as captain? We want to avoid that and PT could easily appease Lewie by appointing him club captain?
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:22 am

LinsladeDon wrote:
ACDon wrote:

Are you sure? We have a new manager who will decide who is to be his captain. PT has just signed his last young, experienced captain whom he probably sees as a regular starter in the team for seasons to come. Why not appoint him captain immediately rather than the current one who could possibly be struggling for a regular place in the team? Remember the unsatisfactory situation we had last season rotating Lewie, Williams and Gilbey as captain? We want to avoid that and PT could easily appease Lewie by appointing him club captain?

Of course the final decision is up to Tisdale, but I would prefer to appoint a more experienced player who has played at a higher level, knows his players, knows the club and has played in promoted sides before. Please lets not the same mistakes as we made with Neilson by hyping these new players up before we have seen them play.
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:45 pm

ACDon wrote:Of course the final decision is up to Tisdale, but I would prefer to appoint a more experienced player who has played at a higher level, knows his players, knows the club and has played in promoted sides before. Please lets not the same mistakes as we made with Neilson by hyping these new players up before we have seen them play.

Fair enough AC, if we had such a player who could also command a regular first team start, was not past his prime, had pace to cope with a speedy opponent and get back into position quickly as soon as an attack breaks down, then I might well agree with you - but we haven't.
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:43 pm

Now we have Hancox it will be interesting to see who is 1st choice left back. Gilbey has a shout for being captain though.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:13 pm

Furzdonny wrote:Now we have Hancox it will be interesting to see who is 1st choice left back. Gilbey has a shout for being captain though.

Isn't Gilbey out until October?
ACDon

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat