And another.....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

And another.....

Postby LinsladeDon » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:08 am

..... New signing. 24 year old Ryan Watson a mid-fielder from Barnet on a free transfer. Was one PT was looking at for Exeter. Don't know anything about him but looks in good shape physically and is at a good age for us.
We knew that PT made a lot of money for Exeter signing players for little money, developing them and then selling them for profit. Other than the selling them on bit, we hope he does the same for us.
LinsladeDon

Re: And another.....

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:14 pm

I'm impressed how quick PT is acting. I just hope they are also good buys in our scouting database, so that Pete doesn"t come back and say they weren't one of our targets.
Furzdonny

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:48 pm

And another, Lawson D'Ath, way before the deadline. Two signings in an area we are weak. I wonder if a few will have to leave before we get many more?
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:08 pm

Haven’t decided whether we are picking up hidden gems or building a non-league team.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:31 pm

MKDF wrote:Haven’t decided whether we are picking up hidden gems or building a non-league team.

Hopefully a good League 2 team fighting for promotion. We needed a centre half and with Upson gone a midfielder. They may not have the wow factor, but with the players we have (so far) have the now factor.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Furzdonny wrote:
MKDF wrote:Haven’t decided whether we are picking up hidden gems or building a non-league team.

Hopefully a good League 2 team fighting for promotion. We needed a centre half and with Upson gone a midfielder. They may not have the wow factor, but with the players we have (so far) have the now factor.

Hmm I really don't see it that way FD. We were soundly beaten by Coventry last season. If by wow you mean how badly can these players play (last season at least) then wow is right.

FD - looks like I misread your post 'now' for 'wow'. So ignore this post.
Last edited by MKDF on Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MKDF

Postby LinsladeDon » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:31 pm

MKDF wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:

Hmm I really don't see it that way FD. We were soundly beaten by Coventry last season. If by wow you mean how badly can these players play (last season at least) then wow is right.

I am with Furz on this one. One step at a time with the first step aiming to get us out of League 2. The three players signed so far are all well experienced in this league and the last two are only on one year contracts. So if those players do help us achieve that first step but then thought not to be of league 1 standard, we simply say "thank you very much, we can't give you another contract and will be replacing you with a more experienced League 1 player."
Sounds good to me and it is also pleasing that PT is not letting the grass grow under his feet and has already taken some quick, positive action.
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:22 pm

At this moment I think we need to put a certain amount of trust in Tisdale's decisions and signings, in all honesty none of us know anything about the players he has signed up to now, we will have a much better idea as to how good these players are after a few months of the season. Up to now I would say his signings look interesting but nothing more. I got tired of people telling me how good certain players that Neilson signed were supposed to be, yet saw little evidence of it on the field of play. Time will tell....
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:09 pm

.....and yet another! Mitch Hancox, a 24 yr old from Macclesfield Town on a one year contract. There is a bit of a pattern here as PT has gone for players of a similar age in their early 20s playing in the lower leagues, and most with higher league experience. They should all have a point to prove in that they can get back to that higher level and hopefully willing to run their socks off to do so. They have been given one season to prove that it can be with us.
Also, another free transfer as Hancox is out of contract at the end of this month.
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm

"Bit of a gamble" (rather than bit of a pattern) pretty much sums it up for me....hopefully it will pay off.
ACDon

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat