And another.....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: And another.....

Postby LinsladeDon » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:50 pm

........two! Both ex Exeter, both 33 year olds, Robbie Simpson a forward and Ryan Harley a mid-fielder who had a loan spell with us some seasons ago.
Nothing to set the heather on fire, it looks like 2 short term contracts for experienced league 2 players to help us get out of it PDQ.
There's hope for Lewie yet. ;)
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:07 pm

The way I see it they are both insurance value, especially Simpson. It probably means both Chuks and Sow are staying but will take some time coming back from injury.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:53 pm

Seen Harley play several times (remember his loan spell with us in 2012/13) including in the league 2 play-offs last season, think he's an above average league 2 player but not much more. Nicky Law in Ryan Harley out, good business by Exeter City.

Robbie Simpson, missed the whole of last season and a fair bit of the season before due to injury and looks nothing more than a low league journeyman with a goal scoring ratio of 1 goal in every 6 games, hardly prolific but as with all our other new players, he has to be given a chance and hopefully Tisdale can get the best out of him.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:42 am

Another Robbie...

Tisdale must be a footballing genius - I can see little to get excited about in any of our signings so far, which must be a reflection of how little I know. The average team quality seems to be going down not up. All very league two, which I hope doesn't mean we're planning on staying a while.

Having said that, while the wage bill might be the only thing that is looking upward, the average wage is going down. So a plus there then. Thank God for the World Cup.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:45 am

[quote="MKDF"]

Tisdale must be a footballing genius -

/quote]

If he can win automatic promotion with our current squad then I totally agree.
ACDon

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:24 pm

And then there are eight.

https://www.mkdons.com/news/2018/july/b ... mes-a-don/

It looks like we are going to be a mean machine. :D
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:28 pm

Baudry is an interesting recruit, a good age, with a fair bit of experience and should more than hold his own in league 2.
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:30 pm

ACDon wrote:Baudry is an interesting recruit, a good age, with a fair bit of experience and should more than hold his own in league 2.

And in Division 1 next year! The biggest doubt about that is will he still be with us as there is no mention of length of contract.
:D
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:04 pm

And another defender.

https://www.mkdons.com/news/2018/august ... ith-baily/

I like to think Paul Tisdale saw my comment about forwards and decided to do the opposite. :D
Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:54 pm

Furzdonny wrote:And another defender.

https://www.mkdons.com/news/2018/august ... ith-baily/

I like to think Paul Tisdale saw my comment about forwards and decided to do the opposite. :D

Nah, Tis is doing one job at a time and now that he has, quote "completed versatility and depth in our defensive areas" unquote, he will now give his full attention to your comments. ;)
Considering we are now a League 2 club, Tis has managed thus far to bring some very decent players to MK and I don't think he has paid a transfer fee for any of them. Goalscorers don't come cheap so perhaps he has been saving his money and is now getting ready to splash out on buying us a really decent one! Difficult to say what he will do as Aneke and Sow when fit and active could really set the heather on fire in this division.
Our future promises well, but unfortunately we all know too well about promises, promises.......!
LinsladeDon

PreviousNext

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat