And another.....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: And another.....

Postby dons50 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:25 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:..... New signing. 24 year old Ryan Watson a mid-fielder from Barnet on a free transfer. Was one PT was looking at for Exeter. Don't know anything about him but looks in good shape physically and is at a good age for us.
We knew that PT made a lot of money for Exeter signing players for little money, developing them and then selling them for profit. Other than the selling them on bit, we hope he does the same for us.

We need the selling on bit. Every year our costs exceed our revenue. The only way to balance the books is from transfers, sadly.
dons50

Postby LinsladeDon » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:28 pm

dons50 wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote:..... New signing. 24 year old Ryan Watson a mid-fielder from Barnet on a free transfer. Was one PT was looking at for Exeter. Don't know anything about him but looks in good shape physically and is at a good age for us.
We knew that PT made a lot of money for Exeter signing players for little money, developing them and then selling them for profit. Other than the selling them on bit, we hope he does the same for us.

We need the selling on bit. Every year our costs exceed our revenue. The only way to balance the books is from transfers, sadly.

Fair point D50, my comment about not selling them on was a bit of wishful thinking on my part. However, I don't know that we have to sell to survive, so we should at least be able to hold on to our players until we get an offer that it is too good to turn down. We have 3 leagues of predators above us and it is inevitable that any real gems PT unearths will eventually move on.
LinsladeDon

Postby dons50 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:45 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:

Fair point D50, my comment about not selling them on was a bit of wishful thinking on my part. However, I don't know that we have to sell to survive, so we should at least be able to hold on to our players until we get an offer that it is too good to turn down. We have 3 leagues of predators above us and it is inevitable that any real gems PT unearths will eventually move on.

Hopefully we can keep Chuks for a bit longer.
dons50

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:03 pm

ACDon wrote:"Bit of a gamble" (rather than bit of a pattern) pretty much sums it up for me....hopefully it will pay off.

I wouldn't call it a gamble. It's a change, but the old model wasn't working
Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:27 am

.....just been announced on the OS, Jordan Houghton a 22 year old mid-fielder ex Chelsea and England U20 player. Good experience gained from being loaned out a few times. Given a 2 year contract - so long term possibilities for him (?) Another tick in the box for Paul Tisdale. :)
LinsladeDon

Postby dons50 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:02 pm

Looks a good signing.

The premiership academies work on a numbers game. They take talented youngsters (far too many, probably, but that’s a different discussion), give them great coaching and then discard most of them. A good source for clubs like us.
dons50

Postby Furzdonny » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:41 pm

Last season shows that's it's all a bit of a gamble. Mr T seems to have identified that we need to improve defensively. I wonder if that means the strikers are staying?
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:58 pm

Ugbo was from Chelsea, lets hope he's better than him!

Nearly 23 years old and has only made 90 appearances (all at a fairly low level), I will reserve my judgement until I've seen him play.
ACDon

Postby dons50 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:02 pm

ACDon wrote:Ugbo was from Chelsea, lets hope he's better than him!

Nearly 23 years old and has only made 90 appearances (all at a fairly low level), I will reserve my judgement until I've seen him play.

So were Lewis Baker and Patrick Bamford. They both did pretty well for us.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:49 pm

dons50 wrote:
ACDon wrote:Ugbo was from Chelsea, lets hope he's better than him!

So were Lewis Baker and Patrick Bamford. They both did pretty well for us.

True, but they were both players Chelsea held in high enough regard to hold onto. Not saying that Jordan Houghton wont do well for us, just trying to put things in perspective. Never seen him play so know nothing about him, hopefully he'll be a good addition.
ACDon

PreviousNext

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat