And another.....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: And another.....

Postby dons50 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:02 am

We’ve got Aneke, Sow and Agard. All expensive players for our level. I can’t see us recruiting any other forwards.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:21 am

dons50 wrote:We’ve got Aneke, Sow and Agard. All expensive players for our level. I can’t see us recruiting any other forwards.

Apart from maybe on loan.
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:23 am

dons50 wrote:We’ve got Aneke, Sow and Agard. All expensive players for our level. I can’t see us recruiting any other forwards.

I said earlier that it is difficult to say what Tis will do next (about his attacking options) but I think you have got it right. As well as those three we also have Muirhead and Nesbitt as forwards plus a number of our own academy youngsters raring to go and show us what they can do.
It will be interesting to see what team PT selects on Saturday.

Edited to add: Plus of course, Simpson and D'Ath are two forwards already signed by PT on a short and 1 year contract respectively.
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:32 pm

It will have to be loans, although I can't see us adding to the squad size. I guess the proof is in the pudding and we will have to judge this month's games.
Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:58 pm

..........and now there are 10. Stuart Moore, a 23 year old goalkeeper has just signed for a "massive club" which can only be us! From his playing record I can't see him replacing Nicholls so is Sietsma on his way out?
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:15 am

LinsladeDon wrote:..........and now there are 10. Stuart Moore, a 23 year old goalkeeper has just signed for a "massive club" which can only be us! From his playing record I can't see him replacing Nicholls so is Sietsma on his way out?

Or is Nicholls on his way out? ;)
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:50 pm

ACDon wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote:..........and now there are 10. Stuart Moore, a 23 year old goalkeeper has just signed for a "massive club" which can only be us! From his playing record I can't see him replacing Nicholls so is Sietsma on his way out?

Or is Nicholls on his way out? ;)

Yes, this possibility crossed my mind but not something I wanted to think about. Nicholls is becoming a very capable 'keeper and someone we really need to keep at MK.
Coincidentally, according to the OS Paul Heald is now our ex-goalkeeping coach having been replaced by Mel Gwinnett. Our thanks and best wishes to Paul for the future.
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:49 am

I’m hoping we’ll have back some of the strengths Nicholls showed when he first joined us. In particular a command of his box. That was coached out of him pretty sharpish after he joined (or so I surmised given Martin played the same way).
MKDF

Postby LinsladeDon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:06 pm

.......and yet another two to whet your appetite. Don't get too excited though as they are not players, both appear to be good management appointments to assist PT.
Steve Perryman becomes an Associate Director and Danny Butterfield is now 1st Team Coach.
Details on OS.
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:34 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:.......and yet another two to whet your appetite. Don't get too excited though as they are not players, both appear to be good management appointments to assist PT.
Steve Perryman becomes an Associate Director and Danny Butterfield is now 1st Team Coach.
Details on OS.

I always liked Steve Perryman as a player and his football experience will be useful in the boardroom. I hope it stops some of our crazier signings.
Furzdonny

PreviousNext

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat