Exeter reviews

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Exeter reviews

Postby MKDF » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:39 pm

A game where two of the opposition players took their club name literally - Exiter. Sorry just couldn't resist...

Still unconvincing in my view. Gilby and Agard guilty of some really poor decisions - why score or pass when you can take five touches.

Still, I actually enjoyed the first half a lot. Fewer mistakes in this game from both teams, and some enjoyable passages of play. If Gilby and Agard can't discover some form soon, they must be dropped. Another great game from Walsh, and Brittain was a threat once again.

Unconvincing football yet we find ourselves second. Looking forward to seeing what happens when we actually click...

Thoughts?
MKDF

Re: Exeter reviews

Postby ACDon » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:29 pm

Pretty much my opinion too, we'll have a few tougher tests than today but things are looking better, we look so much more solid at the back and we are creating more chances.

As for the poor decision making, I would say it's all down to confidence.

Exeter will probably make the play offs again.
ACDon

Postby dons50 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:50 am

MKDF wrote:A game where two of the opposition players took their club name literally - Exiter. Sorry just couldn't resist...

Still unconvincing in my view. Gilby and Agard guilty of some really poor decisions - why score or pass when you can take five touches.

Still, I actually enjoyed the first half a lot. Fewer mistakes in this game from both teams, and some enjoyable passages of play. If Gilby and Agard can't discover some form soon, they must be dropped. Another great game from Walsh, and Brittain was a threat once again.

Unconvincing football yet we find ourselves second. Looking forward to seeing what happens when we actually click...

Thoughts?

Walsh is a class act.
dons50

Postby MKDF » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:07 am

He certainly is. Not sure why the new lad got MOTM - Walsh was most deserving I thought.

I didn't realise the ref rescinded the first red. I just watched the short highlights and was interested to see just how much that goal meant to Agard. He is desperate to succeed. And his Penalty miss was actually well placed, if a bit soft.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:44 am

I enjoyed the game and thought we deserved our victory. I thought Simpson was excellent too, a similar player to Aaron Wilbraham and does the ugly stuff well. We just need someone with him like Sam Baldock. Whether Agard or Healey is the person remains to be sen. Off topic, it will be interesting to see who comes in or out Friday.
Furzdonny

Postby Dark Destroyer » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:06 am

MKDF wrote:A game where two of the opposition players took their club name literally - Exiter. Sorry just couldn't resist...

Thoughts?

Totally Agree.

Enjoyed the first halve and up to the point when the Exeter player was sent off. Then for some reason we seemed to panic in defence and instead of retaining possession and making the opposition work to get the ball we hoofed the ball up field. This allowed them to regain possession and mount some good attacking moves which made us even more nervous. Seems to be a Dons trait at the moment and needs addressing.

As for Agard I am sorry to say but he in my opinion just cannot hack it as an attacking goal scorer, Just does not seem to get into any goal scoring positions. Cannot be confidence, This is league 2 not the premier league for crying out loud and should be doing a lot better so should be dropped.

Grateful for the final whistle and the fact we did not concede a silly goal in the final minutes and happy with three points.
Dark Destroyer

Postby ACDon » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:06 am

MKDF wrote:He certainly is. Not sure why the new lad got MOTM - Walsh was most deserving I thought.

I didn't realise the ref rescinded the first red. I just watched the short highlights and was interested to see just how much that goal meant to Agard. He is desperate to succeed. And his Penalty miss was actually well placed, if a bit soft.

I wouldn't read too much into the match sponsor's MOTM awards, it normally goes to the goal scorer or just a random player, I would have given it to Walsh on tuesday and yesterday, IMO he was our stand out player in both games.

As for the missed penalty, it wasn't a particularly good strike and it was at an ideal height for a keeper to save. Still, I think Agard showed a lot of courage to step up and put the second penalty away and as said, his celebration showed exactly how much it meant to him.

Two big league games at Swindon and Yeovil coming up, hopefully Tisdale will rest a few players and give game time to some of our fringe players in the Bournemouth and Peterborough cup games.
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:53 pm

Thoughts?

Fair comments, particularly about Gilby and Agard. We can't criticize their work rate but things just ain't going right for them at the moment.
The defence is good and all played well but I happen to agree with the sponsor's, I though Baily Cargill was excellent in his first 90 mins appearance for us and worthy of being selected MOTM. At only 23 he could be the long-term Lewie replacement we seek.
Thing is no players place is secure - barring a few obvious exceptions - as Tis has said he selects a team to beat our next opponents and proved it by dropping Cissé after his recent improved showings. That may help keep his first team squad happy as they all know there is a possibility they will be selected for the next game. We certainly can't argue with what Tis has done so far!
LinsladeDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat