Heros and villains

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Heros and villains

Postby MKDF » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:07 am

Cisse - knuckles down and commits to the club. Then produces a step up in his impact. With more abilities than many heros of the past, Ousse has the makings of a future club legend to match any other. He will be loved if he keeps it up.

Contrast that with two players who appear to want away having not made anything like the impact they are capable of, having withdrawn massively from the club through sustained injuries. What a contrast.
MKDF

Re: Heros and villains

Postby ACDon » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:31 am

MKDF wrote:Cisse - knuckles down and commits to the club. Then produces a step up in his impact. With more abilities than many heros of the past, Ousse has the makings of a future club legend to match any other. He will be loved if he keeps it up.

Contrast that with two players who appear to want away having not made anything like the impact they are capable of, having withdrawn massively from the club through sustained injuries. What a contrast.

The big problem we have is both players are on contracts which take them well into next year and neither have played any football for several months which (along with their poor injury records) makes them a high risk player to have on a loan deal, a very difficult situation to deal with. A fully fit Aneke would without doubt make an impact in league 2, I still hope we will see him adopt the same mentality as Cisse and return.
ACDon

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:35 am

I can understand what you are saying but perhaps the club can't afford them in league 2(at least not all three). Anyway it all will be concluded on Friday come what may.
Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:28 pm

ACDon wrote:
MKDF wrote:Cisse - knuckles down and commits to the club. Then produces a step up in his impact. With more abilities than many heros of the past, Ousse has the makings of a future club legend to match any other. He will be loved if he keeps it up.

The big problem we have is both players are on contracts which take them well into next year and neither have played any football for several months which (along with their poor injury records) makes them a high risk player to have on a loan deal, a very difficult situation to deal with. A fully fit Aneke would without doubt make an impact in league 2, I still hope we will see him adopt the same mentality as Cisse and return.

Sow is back with us and on the bench tonight v Brighton - does he now go from villain to hero?
I hope Hearts don't change their minds and try to resurrect the transfer, I Like Sow and firmly believe he can do a good job for us.
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:41 am

LinsladeDon wrote:
ACDon wrote:

Sow is back with us and on the bench tonight v Brighton - does he now go from villain to hero?
I hope Hearts don't change their minds and try to resurrect the transfer, I Like Sow and firmly believe he can do a good job for us.

I hope you are right LD because I will be surprised if we can get rid of Sow, he's over 28 years old and has still only made 169 appearances (compare that to 22 year old Dele Alli who has made 235 appearances), hardly a good selling point, he's reportedly on a high wage and his goal scoring record isn't great. ......Another stastistic from the Neilson era that has without doubt set the club back several years.
ACDon

Postby dons50 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:52 am

If we had signed a player like Sow this week we would be very excited.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:34 am

dons50 wrote:If we had signed a player like Sow this week we would be very excited.

No doubt some of our fans would be excited but I never judge a player until I've seen him play. There was a lot of hype when Sow arrived and up to now (for whatever reason) he simply hasn't delivered IMO.
ACDon

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:26 am

LinsladeDon wrote: Sow is back with us and on the bench tonight v Brighton - does he now go from villain to hero?

Not if he went to Brighton. Luckily someone spotted him on the A23 and re-directed him. :D
Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:18 pm

Furzdonny wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote: Sow is back with us and on the bench tonight v Brighton - does he now go from villain to hero?

Not if he went to Brighton. Luckily someone spotted him on the A23 and re-directed him. :D

:lol: I wondered who would spot that. Brighton or Bournemouth, both begin with a 'B' are near enough together to be the same - well as far as an innocent wee Scots laddie would know. ;)
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:18 pm

Thought Chuks looked like he enjoyed himself tonight. Shame he missed that third. Might have been goal of the season.
MKDF

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat