Swindon Town reviews.....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Swindon Town reviews.....

Postby ACDon » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:07 am

Was it a point won or two points lost?

Post game I heard a fair bit of moaning from our fans, the main gripe being; why didn't Tisdale make changes? I'm not sure if we would have heard those moans if we had held on for just one more minute and secured all three points. There were so many ifs and buts in the game, Swindon had several penalty shouts turned down, one of which looked a very close call and maybe with a bit more luck and better finishing we could have been coasting with a 2 or 3 goal lead before Swindon scored. Jordan Houghton's superb shot that came thumping back off the bar had goal written all over it, but it just wasn't to be. I think most of us would probably have took a point pre game, still unbeaten and improving, I'm fairly happy. :D

Any thoughts?
ACDon

Re: Swindon Town reviews.....

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:54 am

I was moaning from about 60 mins on about Tis not making subs. Agard was working hard but getting nowhere and Brittain was constantly losing/wasting the ball and both could have gone. Even in the dying minutes, why not bring on fresh legs if only to buy a bit of time and calm down/disrupt the pressure we were under at the end?
With Sow, Cisse and Healy on the bench and Swindon being relatively weak in defence, we should have been more flexible and I think any adverse comments about Tis were justified on this occasion.
Spoke to some happy home fans after the game and fair play to them, they said how gutted we must feel and I replied that couldn't begrudge them a point considering the pressure they put on us in second half.
My MOTM was Gilbey, not everything went right for him but he must have covered every blade of grass on that pitch and it was great to see him now fully recovered and fit after his injury.
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:24 pm

I guess Tis wanted to be his own man and give the players a vote of confidence. It looks like to have backfired (at least in part). I would have thought Cisse was an option if he wanted to defend the lead. In the end it's a matter of opinions and his is the one that counts.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:32 pm

Furzdonny wrote:I guess Tis wanted to be his own man and give the players a vote of confidence. It looks like to have backfired (at least in part). I would have thought Cisse was an option if he wanted to defend the lead. In the end it's a matter of opinions and his is the one that counts.

Looking at it another way, Imagine the reaction fropm some of our lot if Tisdale had made a few changes and we had lost the game.....Who would be a manager?
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:26 pm

ACDon wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:I guess Tis wanted to be his own man and give the players a vote of confidence. It looks like to have backfired (at least in part). I would have thought Cisse was an option if he wanted to defend the lead. In the end it's a matter of opinions and his is the one that counts.

Looking at it another way, Imagine the reaction fropm some of our lot if Tisdale had made a few changes and we had lost the game.....Who would be a manager?

At the end it did feel like we had lost the game. OK, we got a point but did lose two though, at least Bury only lost one when we did the same to them. :(
LinsladeDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat