Forest Green reviews...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Forest Green reviews...

Postby ACDon » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Second best today, Nicholls MOTM says it all. We still need to improve if we are going to challenge for automatic promotion.

Any thoughts?
ACDon

Re: Forest Green reviews...

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:10 pm

Soon it won't be early days in the season and the excuses won't hold any water, although i wasn't there today, im amazed how we can be outplayed by FGR.
Some player's need to stand up and be counted, people seem to slag Agard off a lot, but he's a box striker, the bloke has no service to thrive on, our wide play from the midfield is terrible, has been for a while, yes you make your own luck, but he needs help too!
Warwickshire MK Dons

Postby Dark Destroyer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:22 am

ACDon wrote:Second best today, Nicholls MOTM says it all. We still need to improve if we are going to challenge for automatic promotion.

Any thoughts?

No skill, No energy and no enthusiasm from the players :oops: . Looks like the Dons will be languishing in the bowls of the football league for some time. What is it about throw ins, None of the Dons players seemed to want the ball. At one point it took so long to throw in it was embarrassing to watch :oops: .It also worries me to see a manager spend most of the match having chin in hand as if to say " What the feck can I do to improve things ". I suspect PT's honeymoon period will soon be over :o .
Dark Destroyer

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:11 am

I suspect that they spent so much time on the shape in the international break and in the match that's all they did, with the except of Lewie & Joe Walsh. There was no closing down and denying space and FGR just played around statues. In regards to the throws ins I believe the reason there was no one to throw to, was the players were thinking I must keep my position. To me it's not football and if it is, forget about goals and just have judges voting on difficulty and execution.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:27 am

I wish we could set up and play every week like we did against Pish. Sadly, looks like we prefer to play too many slow, ponderous players.

I've not seen one decent team in this league so far, and the football is soul destroying. One-nil is our aim and we aren't good enough even for that. We've become L2 in every sense.

Tisdale describing FGR as 'Superb' fill me with with dread. If he genuinely believes they were superb then we are truly ******.

Honestly starting to think about doing other things on Saturays.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:33 am

MKDF wrote:I wish we could set up and play every week like we did against Pish. Sadly, looks like we prefer to play too many slow, ponderous players.

I've not seen one decent team in this league so far, and the football is soul destroying. One-nil is our aim and we aren't good enough even for that. We've become L2 in every sense.

Tisdale describing FGR as 'Superb' fill me with with dread. If he genuinely believes they were superb then we are truly ******.

You could always become a steward MKDF and then you wouldn't have to watch. :D
Furzdonny

Postby Dark Destroyer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:59 am

Furzdonny wrote:
MKDF wrote:I wish we could set up and play every week like we did against Pish. Sadly, looks like we prefer to play too many slow, ponderous players.

Now there's a thought. May take up crochet and make a double bed throw during the game when we play Tranmere.:lol:
Dark Destroyer

Postby ACDon » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:00 am

One thing that stood out for me yesterday was the way in which we let FGR play the ball out from the back with only Aneke and Agard closing down in the opposition half, I counted 9 Dons players in our defending half of the pitch on several occasions, surely this isn't a good tactic for a side looking for automatic promotion against a side widely tipped (by bookmakers) to finish the season in the bottom half of the league. Fair play to Aneke for being alert enough to punish the FGR keeper for an awful mistake because our chances created on goal were at a premium yesterday. How we could do with a player like Reece Brown (the FGR No10), constantly wanting the ball and spraying accurate passes all over the field. Next week will be our biggest test too date.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:12 am

Furzdonny wrote:

Or an official. ;)

Dark Destroyer wrote:
Now there's a thought. May take up crochet and make a double bed throw during the game when we play Tranmere.:lol:

Christ - with a post like that you might want to change your name to Docile Flatulence... :lol:
Last edited by MKDF on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
MKDF

Postby MKDF » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:23 am

ACDon wrote:One thing that stood out for me yesterday was the way in which we let FGR play the ball out from the back with only Aneke and Agard closing down in the opposition half, I counted 9 Dons players in our defending half of the pitch on several occasions, surely this isn't a good tactic for a side looking for automatic promotion against a side widely tipped (by bookmakers) to finish the season in the bottom half of the league. Fair play to Aneke for being alert enough to punish the FGR keeper for an awful mistake because our chances created on goal were at a premium yesterday. How we could do with a player like Reece Brown (the FGR No10), constantly wanting the ball and spraying accurate passes all over the field. Next week will be our biggest test too date.

The reason why they were able to close us down is that we lost possession too easily. Pass around them a couple of times and they would've begun to sit back more.

He's been a great servant, but Lewie really must be benched. Gilby is too slow, Agard is too slow (those long balls to him yesterday were very unfair to him). I'd really like to see more of the 3-4-1-2 we played against Pish, with more of Healey for Agard and Hancox for Lewington. Even Watson looked pretty good in the middle. That line-up looked so much more balanced and effective.
MKDF

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat