Forest Green reviews...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: Forest Green reviews...

Postby ACDon » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:21 am

MKDF wrote:
ACDon wrote:One thing that stood out for me yesterday was the way in which we let FGR play the ball out from the back with only Aneke and Agard closing down in the opposition half, I counted 9 Dons players in our defending half of the pitch on several occasions, surely this isn't a good tactic for a side looking for automatic promotion against a side widely tipped (by bookmakers) to finish the season in the bottom half of the league. Fair play to Aneke for being alert enough to punish the FGR keeper for an awful mistake because our chances created on goal were at a premium yesterday. How we could do with a player like Reece Brown (the FGR No10), constantly wanting the ball and spraying accurate passes all over the field. Next week will be our biggest test too date.

The reason why they were able to close us down is that we lost possession too easily. Pass around them a couple of times and they would've begun to sit back more.

He's been a great servant, but Lewie really must be benched. Gilby is too slow, Agard is too slow (those long balls to him yesterday were very unfair to him). I'd really like to see more of the 3-4-1-2 we played against Pish, with more of Healey for Agard and Hancox for Lewington. Even Watson looked pretty good in the middle. That line-up looked so much more balanced and effective.

My main point is we weren't closing them down high enough up the pitch, they were constantly allowed to pass their way out from the back because we had too many players sitting deep, not sure if you can blame any individual players for this, I would think they were playing to instructions.
ACDon

Postby ACDon » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:32 pm

MKDF wrote:I wish we could set up and play every week like we did against Pish. Sadly, looks like we prefer to play too many slow, ponderous players.

I've not seen one decent team in this league so far, and the football is soul destroying. One-nil is our aim and we aren't good enough even for that. We've become L2 in every sense.

Tisdale describing FGR as 'Superb' fill me with with dread. If he genuinely believes they were superb then we are truly ******.

Honestly starting to think about doing other things on Saturays.

Why don't you go and watch a successful side? There will be a lot less to moan about.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:01 am

ACDon wrote:
MKDF wrote:I wish we could set up and play every week like we did against Pish. Sadly, looks like we prefer to play too many slow, ponderous players.

I've not seen one decent team in this league so far, and the football is soul destroying. One-nil is our aim and we aren't good enough even for that. We've become L2 in every sense.

Tisdale describing FGR as 'Superb' fill me with with dread. If he genuinely believes they were superb then we are truly ******.

Why don't you go and watch a successful side? There will be a lot less to moan about.

You're not averse to a moan or two yourself AC...

I've invested 15 years in this club. You're probably right but not to watch football. Signing off. Thanks for everything fellas.
MKDF

Postby dons50 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:06 am

ACDon wrote:
MKDF wrote:
ACDon wrote:One thing that stood out for me yesterday was the way in which we let FGR play the ball out from the back with only Aneke and Agard closing down in the opposition half, I counted 9 Dons players in our defending half of the pitch on several occasions, surely this isn't a good tactic for a side looking for automatic promotion against a side widely tipped (by bookmakers) to finish the season in the bottom half of the league. Fair play to Aneke for being alert enough to punish the FGR keeper for an awful mistake because our chances created on goal were at a premium yesterday. How we could do with a player like Reece Brown (the FGR No10), constantly wanting the ball and spraying accurate passes all over the field. Next week will be our biggest test too date.

The reason why they were able to close us down is that we lost possession too easily. Pass around them a couple of times and they would've begun to sit back more.

He's been a great servant, but Lewie really must be benched. Gilby is too slow, Agard is too slow (those long balls to him yesterday were very unfair to him). I'd really like to see more of the 3-4-1-2 we played against Pish, with more of Healey for Agard and Hancox for Lewington. Even Watson looked pretty good in the middle. That line-up looked so much more balanced and effective.

My main point is we weren't closing them down high enough up the pitch, they were constantly allowed to pass their way out from the back because we had too many players sitting deep, not sure if you can blame any individual players for this, I would think they were playing to instructions.

I’m sure they were. We let them have the ball and got behind it in a disciplined shape.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:30 pm

I suppose we shouldn't complain too much, we are still unbeaten in the league, Tisdale has made our defence harder to breach and we have at least lost that losing mentality. :)
ACDon

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:10 pm

Tbh I've only been to one home game v Grimsby, from what I've heard, I've missed nothing, got season tickets but unlikely to go to more than half of the games, doing a few away trips, purely for the day out or New grounds, Tisdale is not the answer, said that when he was appointed,, i really don't blame winkelman this time, who the hell wants the job, very little money(despite what people say) this is league two, it's poor and we're still struggling, enough Said, honeymoon is over, see you at Lincoln people.
Warwickshire MK Dons

Postby LinsladeDon » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:30 pm

I couldn't attend this game so let a neutral supporter use my ticket. This is the unbiased comment he texted to me after the game;

"I've never seen such a poor set-up of a football team in my life, from Sunday league to Premier league or 5 a-side to the World Cup. Eleven players behind the ball with no attempt of breaking football. It's like watching a Mourinho team with OAPs instead of professional footballers.
No idea what formation was being played, 2 RBs both appearing to be playing in that position. Also Jordan Houghton is probably the worst player I've ever seen playing football closely followed by Jordan Moore-Taylor.
The fans are more annoying, shouting in anger when the ball is played backwards and possession is kept but not saying anything when the ball is booted forward and lost."

I texted back to him, "Yes, but did you enjoy the game?" I have never heard from him since.

Are those comments reasonable or not, close to the mark or not?
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:52 am

LinsladeDon wrote:I couldn't attend this game so let a neutral supporter use my ticket. This is the unbiased comment he texted to me after the game;

"I've never seen such a poor set-up of a football team in my life, from Sunday league to Premier league or 5 a-side to the World Cup. Eleven players behind the ball with no attempt of breaking football. It's like watching a Mourinho team with OAPs instead of professional footballers.
No idea what formation was being played, 2 RBs both appearing to be playing in that position. Also Jordan Houghton is probably the worst player I've ever seen playing football closely followed by Jordan Moore-Taylor.
The fans are more annoying, shouting in anger when the ball is played backwards and possession is kept but not saying anything when the ball is booted forward and lost."

I texted back to him, "Yes, but did you enjoy the game?" I have never heard from him since.

Are those comments reasonable or not, close to the mark or not?

Serious question LD, has your friend ever seen a league 2 game before? It is what it is, we wont be seeing any Edin Hazards, Paul Pogbas or Messut Ozils in this league and strangely enough the two players he cited for criticism (Houghton and Moore-Taylor) have actually been two of our best players this season IMO. Agree about some of the fans though.

I wouldn't lend him your ST again LD, especially if you want a Christmas card.
ACDon

Previous

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat