Yeovil Thoughts

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Yeovil Thoughts

Postby cromwell » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:19 am

This is my first review for a very long time as I rarely get to see a match nowadays. In fact, I watched the match on I follow from the comfort of my hotel room. Well done to the 120 or so supporters who did make the long trip.

We should have won! By half time we should have been at least 2-0 up and after 15 minutes of the 2nd half this should have been 4-0 as we missed some simple chances.
League 2 football is not brilliant to watch. We are obviously a work in progress team and I do see a lot of positives. I have always thought Dean Lewington was a bit slow but on Tuesday he did OK and suits league 2, he will struggle against pace. Kieran Agard scored a good goal but missed some relatively straight forward chances, one from 4 Yards. The commentator said it bobbled so we can blame the pitch.

The Dons did OK and as I said should have been 4-0 up when they conceded another late goal. To sum up, we must score goals and finish teams off. Do we have a decent fit, hungry and talented goal scorer? We must stop conceding late goals and see the game out.
cromwell

Re: Yeovil Thoughts

Postby Furzdonny » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:33 pm

I think we just edged it. Granted we were in control and Kieran Agard missed a sitter (the defender might have got something on it to make it bobble) but they missed chances too. I like their Jordan Green too, he looked like the outstanding player and we miss that tricky type of winger (especially now Aidan Nesbitt doesn't figure). I just hope that we don't regret losing points to late goals and start climbing the table.
Furzdonny

Re: Yeovil Thoughts

Postby ACDon » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:24 pm

cromwell wrote:This is my first review for a very long time as I rarely get to see a match nowadays. In fact, I watched the match on I follow from the comfort of my hotel room. Well done to the 120 or so supporters who did make the long trip.

We should have won! By half time we should have been at least 2-0 up and after 15 minutes of the 2nd half this should have been 4-0 as we missed some simple chances.
League 2 football is not brilliant to watch. We are obviously a work in progress team and I do see a lot of positives. I have always thought Dean Lewington was a bit slow but on Tuesday he did OK and suits league 2, he will struggle against pace. Kieran Agard scored a good goal but missed some relatively straight forward chances, one from 4 Yards. The commentator said it bobbled so we can blame the pitch.

The Dons did OK and as I said should have been 4-0 up when they conceded another late goal. To sum up, we must score goals and finish teams off. Do we have a decent fit, hungry and talented goal scorer? We must stop conceding late goals and see the game out.

Thanks for the review Cromwell, I agree with the majority of what you say above.

Tuesday night was the first league game I have missed this season so I decided to listen to the game on 3CR and as said above, the game should really have been in the bag long before Yeovil scored, if what I heard was true a 4-0 scoreline to us (at the time Yeovil scored) would not have flattered us. We simply need to put this sort of game to bed.

Totally agree with your comment regarding the standard of league 2 football, I am yet to see a decent game, I'm sure the standard was higher back in 2007/8 season.
ACDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat