Tranmere Rovers reviews...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Tranmere Rovers reviews...

Postby ACDon » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:15 pm

We could have been 3-0 up before Tranmere scored and definitely should have been at least 1-0 up but yet again our poor finishing let us down and we were duly punished. No complaints at the final result, Tranmere grew into the game and in the latter stages looked just as likely to score as us. I do remember saying in pre season that we would be playing catch up on several other sides and that is just how it looks to me, I really don't think Tisdale has a clue as to what his favoured starting X1 is.

Any thoughts?
ACDon

Re: Tranmere Rovers reviews...

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:00 am

It seemed like two different teams in the first 20 minutes and for the rest of the game. I thought we were making progress when Chuks moved to a deeper position against Lincoln, but we ended up hitting high balls to him against their industrious centre halves. If we are to play long ball then we need a Jayden Stockley, but I was hoping we would play shorter and quicker. I guess there was no quick fix and Paul Tisdale needs more time before the wins come, but I hope we stop sinking and put team to the sword sooner than later (apologies for the mixed metaphor).
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:45 am

Furzdonny wrote:It seemed like two different teams in the first 20 minutes and for the rest of the game. I thought we were making progress when Chuks moved to a deeper position against Lincoln, but we ended up hitting high balls to him against their industrious centre halves. If we are to play long ball then we need a Jayden Stockley, but I was hoping we would play shorter and quicker. I guess there was no quick fix and Paul Tisdale needs more time before the wins come, but I hope we stop sinking and put team to the sword sooner than later (apologies for the mixed metaphor).

Agree about the first 20 minutes, we were well on top and it looked as though we would win the game comfortably. Strangely very few people I spoke to post match mentioned Cisse, I thought he was dire yesterday, constantly caught in possession, two free kicks in quick succession, both in very dangerous attacking positions kicked straight out of play for goal kicks, good job that wasn't Lewie because he would have been crucified! I know he has showed signs of improvement this season but how the hell did he get player of the month for August? Hopefully we will soon be seeing the likes of Thomas-Assante getting more game time because we badly need someone to inject some life into our attack.
ACDon

Postby dons50 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:30 am

I thought Cisse played well - except for those two free kicks!
dons50

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:48 am

dons50 wrote:I thought Cisse played well - except for those two free kicks!

Yes, one of his better games
Furzdonny

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:06 am

Wasn't able to go yesterday, so thanks all for the reports, as far as I can see, we really should be beating these sides, looks like we have another manager who keeps changing the side, he definitely doesn't have a clue what side to play, tbh he has to start playing a consistent side,, chopping and changing doesn't help.
Warwickshire MK Dons

Postby ACDon » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:15 am

Furzdonny wrote:
dons50 wrote:I thought Cisse played well - except for those two free kicks!

Yes, one of his better games

Fair enough, Tisdale obviously rates him too. Yesterday the person sat next to me asked who I would give the MOTM award to and I was completely stumped, there simply wasn't one player that stood out for me, the fact Aneke got it for tapping the ball into an empty net (after a calamitous error from the Tranmere keeper/defence) says it all for me.
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:48 pm

I think the winner yesterday was WarwickDon by staying at home!
It was evident by their 'keepers delaying antics straight from the KO that Tranmere had come for a point so some credit goes to them for getting what they wanted. That said, they should have gone back up the road with nothing as we should have been well ahead by HT but, as is becoming the norm, we only have ourselves to blame and the second half was a bit of a bore.
Regarding earlier comments, I agree Cisse had a decent game, excluding his free-kicks, and Lewie in fact also played well, had an assist when Aneke hit the bar and it was from Lewie's cross that the 'keeper gifted Aneke his goal. Watson, Healey or Nicholls were my contenders for MOTM. As well as his 'keeping, Nicholls' quick distribution is first class and many a forward dash results from his quick throws.
Unfortunately Gilbey got my wooden spoon. Very little went right for him and it was he who lost possession which led to Tranmere's goal - Oh how we miss McGrandles and/or Pawlett.
Still, we must keep the faith, there are signs of improvement although from what Southstander told me, yesterday was a few steps backwards from the performance he saw us put in at Yeovil just a few days earlier. :(
LinsladeDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat