Cambridge United reviews...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Cambridge United reviews...

Postby ACDon » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:55 am

I certainly wouldn't say this was a showpiece or anything to get excited about, but yet again it was 3 more points in the bag and come May time we may look back at results like this with some sort of pleasure (hopefully ;) ).

Despite the fact it took around 5 minutes for us to actually put the ball on the floor and pass it, we probably edged the first half thanks to a well taken goal from Aneke, but then found ourselves under siege for large periods of the second half, despite the fact Cambridge United had 24 shots at goal, they only mustered one shot on target and those statistics maybe explain why Cambridge United are currently struggling at the bottom end of league 2, nevertheless, I'll be surprised if they get relegated. Good to see us take a decent away following, it's amazing what a bit of success does, because the standard of football really isn't that good.

Any thoughts?
ACDon

Re: Cambridge United reviews...

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:11 am

I agree with all of that. We huffed and puffed like the wind, but got all three points, which is all that mattered.
Furzdonny

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:18 pm

Echo those thoughts, though thought we should have had a penalty, could have wrapped it up then with out the stress!
Warwickshire MK Dons

Postby ACDon » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:23 pm

Warwickshire MK Dons wrote:Echo those thoughts, though thought we should have had a penalty, could have wrapped it up then with out the stress!

Are you talking about the incident involving Aneke at our end? Fair enough, the Ref played the advantage but why didn't he call the play back and why didn't he book the Cambridge player who committed the foul?
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:57 pm

Just back after an excellent 5 night break in Cambridge, the highlight of which was supposed to be an enjoyable Saturday watching MK Dons turning on some style to bag three points. The only style I saw in the end was the clothes as worn by Oliver Cromwell at his house in Ely!

I agree with the opening post and also the fact that winning 3 points was what mattered most - but it is not all that matters! It was noticeable that our goal came from a hoofed clearance which found Aneke on a one-on-one situation where his ability and coolness under pressure was pure class and good enough to win the game. But despite Cambridge's lowly position we just couldn't assert ourselves, take control of the game or dominate them in any way and I worry because that matters greatly.

That is 13 games gone now and we are doing well results wise, but I think it is about time we started showing some more cohesion, some more creativity and make hanging on to a one-goal lead by the skin of our teeth unnecessary.
LinsladeDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat