Notts County review

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Notts County review

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:16 am

Tisdale named the same side as in the previous game, but nothing seemed to click in the opening twenty minutes, seemed like there was no urgency, tbh county's plan seemed to be to stifle out our play, then the number 7 scored via a deflection, they looked in shock, we still seemed unable to up the tempo or create anything worthwhile, so a very disappointing half ended with the visitors 1-0 up.
Tisdale replaced Agard with Brittain at half time, 3-5-2 was now the plan, tbh we were better, county were now looking to waste time, more frustration, then on the hour mark Healey was put through, only for the county number 26 to bring him down in the box, penalty, then after what seemed ages, a red card followed, then it took two more minutes for the plyer to leave the pitch, all the time Aneke stood in the penalty area holding the ball, eventually taking and duly scoring, 1-1, now against ten we had to press on, a couple of efforts, one resulted in a corner, taken short by lewington to Healey, good feet, and smart finish from Healey from a tight angle, 2-1!
From the ko, Notts number 11 nearly equalised, Dons comfortable with the lead, saw out the win with no more alarms, maybe not pretty, but three more points on board.
Warwickshire MK Dons

Re: Notts County review

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:19 am

Considering County was one of the pre season favourites it was a good three points, especially with others around us dropping points.

In regards to the penalty I would err on the side that it was, although the video is inconclusive and it was a clumsy challenge rather than a bad one. What I don't understand is this new double jeopardy rule and I'm not sure the referees do too. I understand that if it's an accidental foul, which it was, then their player shouldn't have been sent off and I would have given the player the benefit of the doubt.

Rhys Healy's goal was class though and it is arguable that we should have got a 2nd pen, when their player's arm was in an unnatural position and he handled the ball.

A good night's work overall and good to see the team winning after falling behind.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:20 pm

Thanks for another good report Warwickdons and a big thankyou for the regular updates you sent me via text, you will be pleased to know they reached North Devon before they appeared on the Sky or BBC sites. Another narrow win and another 3 points, Saturday's game at Mansfield will be tough and interesting. :D
ACDon

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:25 pm

ACDon wrote:Thanks for another good report Warwickdons and a big thankyou for the regular updates you sent me via text, you will be pleased to know they reached North Devon before they appeared on the Sky or BBC sites. Another narrow win and another 3 points, Saturday's game at Mansfield will be tough and interesting. :D

Very welcome :D
Warwickshire MK Dons

Postby LinsladeDon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:27 pm

Good and fair comments by all.
Four of us , all sitting close by, all agreed that the penalty seemed to be a soft decision that some ref's would have given and some not. Fortunate for us that the ref gave it, that Chucks keep his cool during the long wait before he could score the equalizer and that they were now down to ten men. The game immediately swung in our favour and we deserved the win in the end.
Credit also to Tis for his substitution, Agard for Brittain, to counteract Notts main threat which was from their wide men - this made a difference.
Healey's goal was class and a wonderful surprise when it went in as from our seat the angle appeared to be too tight for him to score.
In the end we showed character and a fighting spirit to win after being one down against a decent team that were pre-season promotion favourites. A good night all round as we were the only team in the current top 5 to win and, along with FGR, the only 2 teams in the top 10 to win - so what was not to like on the night? :D
LinsladeDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat