Mansfield review

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Mansfield review

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:35 pm

After a couple of nice beers and
A spot of lunch after arriving by train in the Mansfield rain, myself and Matthew made the short walk to stadium.
Unchanged team again, the home side looked to make a fast start, the Mansfield number 10 Khan looked to be involved at every opportunity, but without really threatening, Nicholls only forced to make one save from Tyler walker, then a free kick from near the halfway line was not cleared, Mellis strode onto the loose ball, before smashing an unstoppable shot past Nicholls, 1-0 Mansfield.
But the Dons weren't to be behind for long, Jordan Houghton moved forward unchallenged, before unleashing a rocket from fully 25 yards, beating the home keeper all ends up, 1-1. Now the visitors were getting on top, two smart saves, and after a sublime piece of skill from Aneke, beating two players but his shot hitting the post, so honours even at the break.
Can't comment on the first eight minutes of the second half, due to slow service in the tea bar, but apparently Lewington nearly scored from the half way line!
Agard and Healey having shots saved, Brittain, who replaced Moore - Taylor at ht, fired over when maybe he should have at least asked the question of the keeper.
Mansfield rarely threatened in the second half, Dons looked very solid at the back again, all in all a point away against a decent side after trailing is probably ok, but I came away slightly disappointed only to draw, a good thing i guess after recent years.
I'll see you at Crawley. Coyd
Warwickshire MK Dons

Re: Mansfield review

Postby ACDon » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:37 am

Thanks for another good report Warwickdons, I managed to see both the goals on TV last night and both were crackers, we listened to the 3CR commentary for the second half and it seemed fairly equal, so given Mansfield's form this season, a point was a good result. Normal service will be resumed next week, see you at Crawley. :D
ACDon

Re: Mansfield review

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:01 pm

Yes, thanks again Warwick.
A point away against a decent team which is probably in a false league position due to them having played two fewer games than most, is as much as I expected and looking at the other results around us, did us no harm at all.
Sounded like an enjoyable game to watch and we appear to be showing some consistency in our performances nowadays.
I wont see you at Crawley but will look forward to reading your report. :D
LinsladeDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat