Crawley Town reviews....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Crawley Town reviews....

Postby ACDon » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:57 am

Yesterday was just what we needed, a good professional performance that resulted in a convincing win against a Crawley side who were on a five match unbeaten run at home. The fact the final score was 4-0 doesn't really tell the full story, it could easily have been 8-2, as with more clinical finishing the 4 goals we scored could have been doubled and in the latter stages of the game Lee Nicholls produced a couple of superb saves that on another day would probably have earned him the MOTM award. On the subject of Nicholl's, IMO his all round game has improved leaps and bounds this season, his distribution probably being the most significant part of his game which has been stepped up, but also to make those saves late in the game, when the game was all but won shows the tremendous amount of concentration he is putting into his game and is the sign of a top keeper. Not taking anything away from the performance, we can only beat what is in front of us, yes, Crawley were poor, some of their defending was woeful, but we capitalised on their mistakes and won this game in a canter. Rhys Healey looked sharp and probably should have walked away with the match ball, he was put clean through in the early stages of the game, only to see his goal bound shot blocked by the Crawley keeper, hopefully we can extend his (Healey's) loan deal when it expires in January.

We caught the train down yesterday via London and caught up with a few friends pre match for a few beers and the usual banter, then rounded the day off with a few more beers after the game in London followed by fish and chips from the famous Seashell of Lisson Grove and the train home, all in all a good successful day out :D

Any thoughts?
ACDon

Re: Crawley Town reviews....

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:35 pm

First of all, good to see the premier match reporter back on duty after a well earned holiday.
Well summed up, tbh i was expecting a tough game, but the home team seemed determined to give us plenty of early Christmas presents, in all honesty, we really should have been 6-0 at ht, we were afforded the opportunity to ease off in the second half, saying that we had a few chances, the top three of Agard, Aneke and Healey are a real handful, all scoring, everything is going to the plan Mr Tisdale has, he knows his best team, player's returning too, even with Moore - Taylor missing we never really looked like conceding, For me Nicholls is the best keeper in this league.
I'll admit, i wasn't totally convinced with the appointment of Tisdale, but when you hear how he speaks, what the players say, then yes he most definitely is the right man. The future is starting to look a lot brighter after having the lights put out in recent seasons, this is our season, totally convinced we'll win the league, i know its only November, but i can't see any other outcome at the moment, keeping Healey in January will be massive, if we keep the squad together, things will look rosey come May.
Warwickshire MK Dons

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:08 pm

Thanks to both the premier match reporter and his deputy for their reports. :D You both are in tune with what Luke Ashmead reported on BBC 3CR, - Crawley started well enough but were very soon over-run with the dominant performance we put in and the winning margin could easily have been a half-dozen or so goals.
The point that a quality like Moore-Taylor wasn't missed shows the strength in depth that Tis has now assembled, so much so that it must be very difficult for him to keep them all happy and involved - even more so when Pawlett and McGrandles become fully fit. That said, Tis is making a good job of it so far and certainly seems to have a happy squad all playing for each other.
The sky would be cloudless were it not for the haze hanging over the future of Healey and Aneke in the Jan transfer window - something that is sadly beyond our control.
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:31 pm

I think Saturday's FA Cup game at Grimsby will be an ideal opportunity for Tisdale to give game time to those returning from injury and fringe players and still have enough in the locker to progress to the second round, not that we should take anything for granted, Grimsby gave us a good game at Stadium MK back in August and fully deserved their share of the points. Pretty sure we will have a strong bench just in case things aren't going to plan.
ACDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat