Wantage Town reviews...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Wantage Town reviews...

Postby ACDon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:55 am

Can't make the trip to Grimsby on Saturday so decided to go and watch the Berks and Bucks senior cup second round tie against Wantage Town.

Dons fielded a fairly strong side considering the opposition (Wantage Town play in the Helenic premier league) with the likes of Siestma, Kasumu, Jackson, Thomas-Assante and Nesbitt incuded in the starting X1. To be fair to Wantage Town they made a very good game of it, there were players out there who look capable of playing at a higher level than the Helenic league, but the half time score of 1-0 (a well taken goal by BTA) was just about right. After an early spell of pressure from Wantage, as expected they slowly tired and the extra fitness levels and class showed and we ran out 3-0 winners thanks to one more well taken goal from BTA and one from Wright.

My MOTM Oran Jackson who looked absolute class in the centre of defence but a special mention to Kasumu, Thomas-Assante and Assonganyi who along with Jackson all will be looking for more first team action in the near future.

All in all an enjoyable evening at a friendly football club who made us very welcome.
ACDon

Re: Wantage Town reviews...

Postby LinsladeDon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:57 pm

Thanks for that AC, particularly pleased to read about Oran Jackson. I had a chat with him some weeks back and said that although we hadn't seen much of him on the pitch, what we had seen was good, he hadn't let himself down and just to keep at it. He was delighted to hear that and came over as a very level-headed and respectable young man. I certainly wish him well.
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:03 am

LinsladeDon wrote:Thanks for that AC, particularly pleased to read about Oran Jackson. I had a chat with him some weeks back and said that although we hadn't seen much of him on the pitch, what we had seen was good, he hadn't let himself down and just to keep at it. He was delighted to hear that and came over as a very level-headed and respectable young man. I certainly wish him well.

Of course it isn't easy to judge a player (who wants to break into a top league 2 side) against a part time local side, but trust me Wantage Town were no mugs and did themselves proud, pretty sure there was a few player out there who could ply there trade at a higher level. It wasn't until the second goal on 76 minutes that the game was safe. Oran Jackson took the captain's armband for the night and looked a class above the majority of players on the pitch, total credit to him for having such a good attitude, because I'm sure he realises it isn't going to be easy to break into our side at the moment. My biggest concern is he (along with a few others who played Tuesday night) will become impatient at lack of game time and look to move on, because I strongly believe he and several other Dons players out there Tuesday night are good enough to play at league level. I suppose it is a healthy position for the club to be in, but keeping everyone happy in this situation can't be easy.
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:48 pm

ACDon wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote:Thanks for that AC, particularly pleased to read about Oran Jackson. I had a chat with him some weeks back and said that although we hadn't seen much of him on the pitch, what we had seen was good, he hadn't let himself down and just to keep at it. He was delighted to hear that and came over as a very level-headed and respectable young man. I certainly wish him well.

Of course it isn't easy to judge a player (who wants to break into a top league 2 side) against a part time local side, but trust me Wantage Town were no mugs and did themselves proud, pretty sure there was a few player out there who could ply there trade at a higher level. It wasn't until the second goal on 76 minutes that the game was safe. Oran Jackson took the captain's armband for the night and looked a class above the majority of players on the pitch, total credit to him for having such a good attitude, because I'm sure he realises it isn't going to be easy to break into our side at the moment. My biggest concern is he (along with a few others who played Tuesday night) will become impatient at lack of game time and look to move on, because I strongly believe he and several other Dons players out there Tuesday night are good enough to play at league level. I suppose it is a healthy position for the club to be in, but keeping everyone happy in this situation can't be easy.

Patience is a virtue
possess it if you can
seldom in a woman
but never in a man.

Tis has built a good league 2 squad who could but can't all play each week. It appears to be a happy squad at the moment but who knows what time will tell? It is a long time since we have had a manager with this problem. :D
LinsladeDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat