Ipswich Town reviews....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Ipswich Town reviews....

Postby ACDon » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:48 am

I wasn't alone in feeling somewhat puzzled at Tisdale's starting X1, surely starting a home game with just a lone striker against the team with the tightest defence in the league, was a bit on the negative side! Sure enough, we were under the cosh from the early stages and the thought going through my head was, "this could easily be another Peterborough". It came as no surprise when Town took the lead after 12 minutes, they had pressed us from the start and looked highly impressive, but somehow we weathered the early Ipswich onslaught and went in at the interval with just a one goal deficit. Surely Tisdale would have to change things now! The changes did come and we saw an entirely different second half with Ipswich now on the back foot and us pressing for an equaliser, which we did so nearly get. Maybe the manager got it right, maybe he didn't, we will never know. One thing is for certain, when the final whistle went Ipswich players certainly know they had been in a game.

Ipswich town will without a doubt be up in the higher regions of this league come the business end of the season, but call it professionalism or what you like, I totally disliked all their time wasting, diving and faking injuries, they are a good side and there is no need for it, I just hope Lambert (their manager) doesn't condone this sort of behaviour because it isn't helping the beautiful game! It was also a shame we didn't have a referee who was capable of stamping this out from the early stages of the game.

Any thoughts?
ACDon

Re: Ipswich Town reviews....

Postby Furzdonny » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:37 pm

I'm not sure that the original tactic was that bad. It was just that I don't think Boateng can play the role of the withdrawn striker. Perhaps only Ben Reeves in our squad can.

Saying that, it was a master stroke to change tactics and while we lost a battle perhaps we might win the war and to mix metaphors, it's another string to our bow. I'm sure it will give the players a fillip, although in the long term we need to be taking our chances and I'm no tactician, but didn't we defend too deep for their goal & give them the perfect angle to pass into the box?
Furzdonny

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat