MKBCYFL 2017-18

The place to air general chat about this League. This is a moderated forum; be constructive.

Moderator: MK&BCYFL Moderators

MKBCYFL 2017-18

Postby fairplay » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:03 pm

How are we doing so far???

Feedback always welcome and there were a few people on here not happy - so have we appeased people??
footballmom, greenbanks, mksbe, etc. etc.

We're trying to get on top of FT and WGS - and keep Clubs up-to-date a well - so let us know what you think we need to add...

plus next season we have been running for 50 years!!!!!!

Any ideas on how we should celebrate this????
fairplay

Re: MKBCYFL 2017-18

Postby greenbanks » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:02 am

Well, so far, so good - WGS is coming together, our players were already registered, so not too arduous!

The word "fine" comes up an awful lot in all communication, its not endearing and I really do think the league needs to get itself some PR advice - maybe you can use the "fine" money to pay for it!

My real concern is Referees, or lack of them - there is going to be a shortfall on Saturday mornings, so how are the Refs that are available going to be allocated - older age groups first or higher divisions first?
Either way, Div 3/4 of U15 & U14 are going to struggle - so what is the plan?
Can we source our own Ref to look after all our home games, so long as they register with the league?
Also, why cant we have a fixed Ref fee - the mileage calculation is open to abuse and potentially puts you in an awkward situation on match day?

This is the third time I have asked this question, maybe I will get lucky?
greenbanks

Postby willowtree » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:33 pm

there were not enough refs for saturdays last season,
adding an age group on saturdays will make it worse,

we knew this yet county fa still sanction older age groups for saturdays,
it does not matter what the plan is or if there is a plan, clubs will go without refs simple as that.
i suggest you complain to county who santion this mess.

the refs have a fee plus mileage, and quite right too, if it cost them a few quid to get to the match why should they lose some of their fee to get to matches?
i ask the ref how much before he arrives and have never had a problem, if there is one i believe the advice in the past is to pay them, then contact the league afterwards with your concerns.
willowtree

Postby GrahamR » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:16 pm

How are you doing so far, fairplay? It speaks volumes that you care enough to ask the question! I think you and the team are doing a great job in difficult circumstances. Thank you for your continued efforts and all the hard work to date.
GrahamR

Postby greenbanks » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:41 pm

an answer to my question would be nice!
greenbanks

Postby Jen » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:23 am

Greenbanks

Did MKDDL not fine people last season? every league has to have a fine system in place as there would be no discipline with reporting results and fairplay marks etc. If you are good at admin and attending meetings then fines should not worry you.

As for the refs there was always going to be a shortish of these as every age group seems to want to play on a Saturday which means less refs and more games. At least the Sunday games will have good coverage for refs.

I think you are just trying to find something else to carry on moaning about because MKBCYFL are doing a great job and adapting to what they have been asked to do.
Jen

Postby greenbanks » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:13 pm

are you serious?
The bit about the fines and PR was slightly tongue in cheek and a little sarcastic, yes, but the sentiment was serious - the way communication is delivered is not brilliant, to the point, informative sometimes but slightly different wording could achieve wonders. I know the DDL fined people and I get it but there is no need to keep ramming it down peoples throats!

The question about Refs is legitimate, if there will not be enough, what do the league want us to do about it - that is not moaning, that is a valid question - I can arrange for my own Ref to look after all my home games, I want to know if that is allowed and acceptable, I have asked the question three times - I was asked if I was ok with things so far, i responded and got no reply!

I have never moaned about Saturday or Sunday football - I am amazed we are still playing on a Saturday, Border Counties have yet to prove themselves to me but I am open minded - I will give my fairplay mark at the end of the season, at the moment we are on about 3.5 - if I wanted to moan, you would know about it - dont judge me, without knowing me, so far I have given you the same courtesy!
greenbanks

Postby fairplay » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:58 pm

I suppose that one thing that should always be remembered is that this forum was - and is still - designed for everyone to air their views about all things football in MK from U6 to adult (and beyond).
It is not an official way of raising concerns or questions with any of the various local leagues (including MKBCYFL) - as none of which are obliged to reply to anything posted on here.
If you have a specific question or point that needs clarification that it should be directed through your relevant Club Secretary to the League concerned and the League Officers will then respond.

Some items that have been mailed out to Clubs is posted on here as an attempt to get it to the 'wider audience' quickly - but League and FA rules state that all official communication must go through Club Secretaries.

That - however - is not an attempt to duck the question from greenbanks - and I can state that, at the moment, we do not have a 'plan' for dealing with the probable shortage of referees on a Saturday morning. The problem has been pushed on us by the sanctioning decision of County FA and the continued rise of entries for Saturday football and we will not know the depth of the problem until we have all referee details submitted. That is in the hands of the Referees Committee because the rest of us have enough other issues to sort out at the moment to keep us busy.

We will continue to try and do our best for Youth football in MK - and the comments about the use of the word 'fine' are way, way over my head I'm afraid.
fairplay

Postby greenbanks » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:56 pm

thank you and apologies for the incorrect use of protocol, I will ask my Secretary to contact the relevant individuals
greenbanks

Postby fairplay » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:06 pm

Hi greenbanks - apologies for not responding earlier but things have been a bit busy over the last few weeks.
There is no need for you to apologise as my comment was very much a 'global' one - about the use of the forum.
I still think this is a useful tool for Clubs and teams and will continue to support it.
fairplay

Return to General Chat